Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Does he have to have a car? watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Obsessive, more like. Cars at uni are a waste of fuel and money, either walk or catch the bus.
    Buses are expensive and never on time. They never take you exactly where you want and are full of annoying little 14 year old chavs. In first year I didn't need a car because I lived literally right around the corner but now that I'll be living further away I shall definitely be considering a car. Some of us like driving and not being bound by ****** unreliable expensive public transport, you know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    No. :rolleyes:

He has to not ask questions like this, though.
    Haha, very good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Depends how good you are.

Men usually do the gift buying
    So he has to have a car and buy you presents? Revealing :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    So he has to have a car and buy you presents? Revealing :holmes:
    Yes, how else is he going to drive me to Harrods! LOL!

(joking!)

:holmes:? err, is wondering what has been revealed...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Yes, how else is he going to drive me to Harrods! LOL!

(joking!)

:holmes:? err, is wondering what has been revealed...?
    She take my money, well I'm in need
    Yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed
    Oh she's a gold digger way over time
    That digs on me
    :teeth:

Maybe you'll meet a prince at that uni of yours :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    :teeth:

Maybe you'll meet a prince at that uni of yours :p:
    Nah, I prefer: now I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...but [I]she ain't messin' wit no broke nig ga/I].

Very funny .

Students? hmm...

ps: joking! Dr Gold digger can earn it herself thanks. :P

ReputationRep:
    If he has it car it's a nice bonus. But i wouldn't not date someone because they couldn't drive. It is sort of a younger girls thing though, when i was about 16/17 i much prefered having a boyfriend who could drive, now i don't really care.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nope, it doesn't matter.

It's nice that he does though :p: I get taken to lots of special restaurants away from city centre.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather he didn't have a car.

1 - I don't like the idea of him picking me up and "running me" places, even if we were going together, I'd just be uncomfortable with him having one up on me, always doing the favour, as if in an argument he could bring up the fact that he was always driving us places.

2) I like things being equal. And I don't like chivalry.

3) Guys who do have cars seem to be a bit in love with/overly protective over them. Not cool.

4) If he had a car he'd always want to take it when we go out anywhere = not being able to have a few random drinks somewhere.

5) Getting the bus together is more fun anyway. You can hold hands, cuddle etc. while somebody else does the hard bit.

What if the guy couldn't drive at all? I've taken my driving test 8 times over 3 years and I've always failed and I've given up completely now (no more money to continue taking lessons, paying for tests and my theory test certificate is going to expire)

Would that set off alarm bells for anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No really, especially if it wasn't a long distance relationship.

Girls, if your bf doesnt have a car...your missing out on alot of handy back seat action :P

ReputationRep:
    that's old school lol like decades ago you would be totaly cool with a hot car but in todays society I have never heard anyone say ''omg he has to have a cool car though'' -no worries

lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the girl's in the thread.

I've got a mate who owns 28 cars (expensive and not cheap) and is one of the worst looking chaps that you will see. He has the best looking female talent all over him. The funny part is that he has no interest in any of these girls.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Does a bus go down the drag strip or around race tracks?
    Neither does it go for long drives around the B roads of North Wales and Anglesey.

Funny I always thought it was my own business how I choose to spend my own money. Particularly, given one of my cars struggles to do better than 6mpg. I did about 40,000 miles in that particular car at uni come to think about it...

I rate a car (or cars) at uni is essential.
    In your spare time, fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Nope it doesnt matter to me tho it does mean he doesnt get to comment on my driving especially my parking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and have only just started my driving lessons lol. Kept putting it off due to irrational fear of driving and the convenience of public transport which took me to class every morning in just 20 minutes.

Usually when I head into central, I will have enjoyed a few drinks with dinner or at a bar afterwards. That and congestion charge would make driving a car around with my girlfriend in it an absolute no-no!

ReputationRep:
    mm i hope it doesnt matter whether a guy has a car or no...i dont have one and i have very little desire to get one in the near future until i get a job and can get a descent one. i am planning however on getting a motorbike sometime soon hopefully.

btw i just want to thank the OP for making this thread because it reminded me of this song and this singer who i totally forgot about and realized i didnt have on my itunes anymore!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he has to be able to drive and probably to have a car. I never dated a guy who didn't have a car. I think I'd find it a bit sad really, plus I hate ferrying people around all the time. Mind you this is when I'm living in the country - when I'm at uni in London it doesn't matter obviously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.