Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think my hair is suffering atm. I am naturally blonde and my hair is very fine, but it has been dyed brunette since January of this year - sometimes salon sometimes at home (semi-permanent). I need to help it along a bit since atm I seem to be having a lot of breakage/moulting when I run my hand through my hair. What can I treat it with to help it out before I get a trim?

ReputationRep:
    A leave-in deep conditioner of some sort?

ReputationRep:
    My mum bought some Bed Head TIGI Ego Boost recently, and I used that last week - my split ends are much better now Try that? It says £10.85 on the sticker on the bottle, dunno if that's the real price or just the price my mum got it for.

ReputationRep:
    L'Oreal deep conditoner (yellow tub). There is also a red tub for coloured hair.. (Costs about £3).. however both are great for treating coloured/damaged hair. My Hair is dyed blonde and it works really well for my hairs condition. A trick to really boost your hair's strength, is to mix conditioners that work best on your hair (especially the ones I've suggested).. apply them to your whole head, and leave in for a couple of hours before rinsing off. This sounds bizarre but actually really helps in conditioning your hair, and might work for you particularly as you said it's prone to breakage. Also, 80% of breakage occurs when your hair is wet because thats when it's most fragile, so go easy on it when brushing it when wet. Hope I helped!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have time, there are a lot of quick intensive conditioners too, that do a good job. Just towel dry your hair (to stop the conditioner sliding off) and apply a conditioner, leave for 2 minutes or so, and rinse. Even this can greatly improve hair condition.

ReputationRep:
    Olive oil.

Put it on, leave for a few minutes then shampoo and condition as normal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.