Turn on thread page Beta

Boys, would you ever forgive your girlfriend in this situation? watch

So, hypothetically, if you had a girlfriend but you had a few trust issues, not big ones but you got jealous of other guys liking her fairly easily. There's one guy who you really have a thing about - he's confessed to being in love with your girlfriend and you're always suspicious that she likes him back, however much she reassures you they're just friends.

She eventually breaks up with you for no real reason, perhaps she just needs some timeoff, says she really likes you but feels it's too serious too young and thinks you could get back together in the future. At some point you hear that she's started seeing this guy you had a thing about, confirming all your worst suspicions.

After a while they break up and she comes back to you really upset, says she made the worst mistake of her life, that she'd gone out with him because it was something she'd always have wondered about otherwise but that being with him made her realise how much she loved you and how perfect you were together, etc. Genuinely distraught.

Could you see yourself forgiving her and taking her back?

ReputationRep:
    I'd take her back of course....

But i'd be after some sweet spiteful revenge for some lulz :evil:

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much i like her..It would be a really sleazy move on her part though, i'd have to think long and hard but most probably no.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you still love her and want to get back together.

ReputationRep:
    nah, she left you for a reason right?

ReputationRep:
    Difficult one as its hard to put oneself in this situation if you are not in it youself. Personally if i still had strong feelings for her and wouldnt mind trying to work on the relationship i think it would suggest taking it slowly and seeing how things pan out, my main issue would be that she would hurt me again i think, but i guess if the feelings were strong enough it may over rule that.

As your in this situation in guessing and its not hypothtical i think you are the only person that can actually say if you take her back and it could work, we dont know your feelings so we cant really say what you should do.

ReputationRep:
    Like all answers, Depends.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No trust, no relationship. Taking into account what you've written, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFG)
    But i'd be after some sweet spiteful revenge for some lulz :evil:
    Lol epic.

But yeah OP thats an awkward situation..i'd have to really think about that!

ReputationRep:
    if she's fit why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, hypothetically, if you had a girlfriend but you had a few trust issues, not big ones but you got jealous of other guys liking her fairly easily. There's one guy who you really have a thing about - he's confessed to being in love with your girlfriend and you're always suspicious that she likes him back, however much she reassures you they're just friends.

She eventually breaks up with you for no real reason, perhaps she just needs some timeoff, says she really likes you but feels it's too serious too young and thinks you could get back together in the future. At some point you hear that she's started seeing this guy you had a thing about, confirming all your worst suspicions.

After a while they break up and she comes back to you really upset, says she made the worst mistake of her life, that she'd gone out with him because it was something she'd always have wondered about otherwise but that being with him made her realise how much she loved you and how perfect you were together, etc. Genuinely distraught.

Could you see yourself forgiving her and taking her back?
    id tell her tyo **** off

ReputationRep:
    Not only will I not forgive her, but I will seek revenge.

ReputationRep:
    I might take her back. But on probation, and would make sure that if she made any more mistakes in short order then she would be out of the door. It would take a long time for me to rust her again after that.

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind she could always go back to him, especially if he's in love with her he might persuade her to. Or she might even still see him behind your back. It's a hard one.. if you really love her you can give her another chance because she might have made a stupid mistake. Go with your gut instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Nice sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    loving the sig

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically no. But if I'd imagine if I was really infatuated with her I may take her back.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    tough as she didn't cheat on you per se, although the initial reason for the breakage was pretty untruthful - the bottom line is that any relationship is built on trust, if you don't have trust you don't have anything else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.