Turn on thread page Beta

Boys, would you ever forgive your girlfriend in this situation? watch

ReputationRep:
    im not really sure if id take her bak or not

ReputationRep:
    I probably would eventually, if I really loved her but not straight away. I'd just make her suffer a bit and if she's still around after a while then I'd know she really does love me and is sorry.

I'm in the girl's situation at the moment ( I left my boyfriend of 8 years - he thought I'd cheated on him with a male friend of mine, but I hadn't (nothing could make him believe me though) and I ended up briefly seeing this male friend (started quite a while after we broke up). It was never a real relationship though, and I always knew that I'd made a huge mistake leaving my bloke...I miss him so much it hurts and he doesn't want to know.

So from a selfish point of view (lol) i'd say yes, forgive her and take her back BUT only if it was what you really wanted. If she's feeling anything like me she won't want to leave you ever again. To quote a song "sometimes you've got to go away just to find what you left behind" and boy do I feel that way right now (

ReputationRep:
    Dont be a pussy she cant of loved you in the firstplace to get rid for some one else. i feel for you but can u live with the thouht of knowing him and her had actually done things ... if you can then ok but if not then the realtionship would fail anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God no, OP; just no.

You have got to be able to see that she is trying to play the hell out of you, seriously. Do not think for one moment that she wouldn't do the exact same thing again, given half the chance. She has clearly demonstrated she does not care about you in the slightest. The crocodile tears are a facade; don't fall for it, there are too many gifted liars in this world.

Avert the trainwreck; sever all contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, hypothetically, if you had a girlfriend but you had a few trust issues, not big ones but you got jealous of other guys liking her fairly easily. There's one guy who you really have a thing about - he's confessed to being in love with your girlfriend and you're always suspicious that she likes him back, however much she reassures you they're just friends.

She eventually breaks up with you for no real reason, perhaps she just needs some timeoff, says she really likes you but feels it's too serious too young and thinks you could get back together in the future. At some point you hear that she's started seeing this guy you had a thing about, confirming all your worst suspicions.

After a while they break up and she comes back to you really upset, says she made the worst mistake of her life, that she'd gone out with him because it was something she'd always have wondered about otherwise but that being with him made her realise how much she loved you and how perfect you were together, etc. Genuinely distraught.

Could you see yourself forgiving her and taking her back?
    Of course not.

ReputationRep:
    No. There are so many lovely hot girls out there why would you want one that thinks she can walk all over you like that?

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. It shouldn't take being with another guy for her to realise how much she loves you.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to bat-**** crazy to take her back. She made her bed, now she has to lie in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take her back, but would want a lot of sex to make up for her bad decisions :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Anon, does your bf definitely know you went out with this other guy?

I basically was the "other guy" for my ex before last, and it actually turned out great - she got to go back to her bf realising she really loved him, and I met another girl I really liked and went out with her.

Her bf didn't know about me though.

ReputationRep:
    But what if the reason was truthful, that she felt stifled by how serious your relationship was despite being really young and that there was this guy that she had always wondered about and that she needed to get that out of her system to be properly happy with you. but obviously could never tell you that. So her reason for breaking up with you wasn't actually a lie.

And I'll add that you're still really in love with her but wonder whether you can trust her again.

(I'm keeping it hypothetical, even though it obviously isn't, to save complications!)
    yeh, all good points - i thought about the untruthfulness becuase of the going out with someone else factor, which doesn't exactly look like she was wanting a break from the relationship, rather a new relationship altogether and is now coming back after finding out that its just not as a good.

i dunno, it depends on how serious you are about her i guess. Im still gonna cling to the initial trust issues of not being certain with this girl.

ReputationRep:
    So, hypothetically, if you had a girlfriend but you had a few trust issues, not big ones but you got jealous of other guys liking her fairly easily. There's one guy who you really have a thing about - he's confessed to being in love with your girlfriend and you're always suspicious that she likes him back, however much she reassures you they're just friends.

She eventually breaks up with you for no real reason, perhaps she just needs some timeoff, says she really likes you but feels it's too serious too young and thinks you could get back together in the future. At some point you hear that she's started seeing this guy you had a thing about, confirming all your worst suspicions.

After a while they break up and she comes back to you really upset, says she made the worst mistake of her life, that she'd gone out with him because it was something she'd always have wondered about otherwise but that being with him made her realise how much she loved you and how perfect you were together, etc. Genuinely distraught.

Could you see yourself forgiving her and taking her back?
    No. And if it were any of my friends in this situation (Or even strangers on the Internet ) I'd advise them not to. Chopping and changing relationships is for kids who've yet to have to start worring about their own spirit and integrity.

Once you get integrity theres no going back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.