Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy all :woo:

By the looks of things unite halls seem more of a laugh. ie, as they are not on uni grounds therefore they do not seem to care about silly things like

* no fridges in rooms (this is true for on-campus halls) :mad:

* restriced internet (no gaming, no downloading) :mad:

* on site wardens (telling you to go to bed) :confused:

*booking in of visitiors (want to bring a new friend over after a drunken night ) :eek3:

i've heard loads about Radnor and the like... just nothing about Central Point

Whats it like and how are unite with there rules etc???????
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Fridges the probably won't notice. Restricted Internet isn't all that restricted at all. On-site wardens are for safety not to tell you what to do. Nobody books in visitors.

ReputationRep:
    On-site wardens don't tell you to go to bed! They just ask you to keep the noise down after 11pm if you're making lots of noise during the week and if you have too many people crammed in your flat!

ReputationRep:
    i've probably been reading too much into it tbh. just plymouth uni halls seem to give you allot more restrictions than other uni halls

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about Central Point but St Thomas Unite building in Plymouth, the internet had no probs (could even get uni wireless from most rooms actually), no-one was around to check for visitors, no evidence of wardens (a few people to go to for help and maintenance guys etc) and no-one checked the rooms all year (for fridges etc) if that's any help.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a bit confused, is st thomas not central point? or is it just unite? because it's not on the unite website. But then is this because they are run by the uni?! ha sorry, i hope someone can help lol x

ReputationRep:
    there's central point, alexandra works, st thomas, st tereasa and discovery heights-all of which are unite buildings in plymouth

ReputationRep:
    what exactly are unite buildings? are these a different option from staying in the uni halls?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lucyw1989)
    what exactly are unite buildings? are these a different option from staying in the uni halls?
    Unite's a private company that offers private halls near universities. They're just another option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Unite's a private company that offers private halls near universities. They're just another option
    oh I see, thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.