Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why does Georgia insist on provocation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Legally, practically and morally, it most certainly is Georgian. The only people who'll say otherwise are the Russian Government, and frankly they're a bit barmy, not to mention completely self-contradictory.
    And the South Ossetians, the people have have more right than anyone else (especially the Georgians) to decide which country they wish to be part of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grim_the_Reaper)
    And the South Ossetians, the people have have more right than anyone else (especially the Georgians) to decide which country they wish to be part of.
    They don't have any such right, either legally or morally. Moreover, they are not 'the people' - the only people with a right to be heard on issues of the constitution in Georgia are the Georgian demos - the people of Georgia in its entirety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    They don't have any such right, either legally or morally. Moreover, they are not 'the people' - the only people with a right to be heard on issues of the constitution in Georgia are the Georgian demos - the people of Georgia in its entirety.
    Serbs were against Kosovo...in fact they killed...:yes: ...wouldn't the Serbs be heavily biased?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Serbs were against Kosovo...in fact they killed...:yes: ...wouldn't the Serbs be heavily biased?
    That's the nature of democracy. If you don't like it, control it. Again, this does not legitimise nationalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    That's the nature of democracy. If you don't like it, control it. Again, this does not legitimise nationalism.
    Democracy = oppression of the minority by the majority

Sad day, sad day, sad days.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.