Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a girl who had a problem with circumcision or the lack of it.

The most interest I've seen has been passing curiosity. No-one seems to care either way.
    As long as your hygiene is good, then there shouldn't really be a benefit either way.

And to show that endurance is not particularly affected, I lasted a good 30-40 minutes my first time, and I am uncircumcised.

ReputationRep:
    I'm circumcised. It happened at after birth so I didn't realize i was till 13, thinking everyone penis looked something like mine :P

Looking at an uncircumcised penis makes me happy it was done. It definitely has its health benfits, one of which is protection againts STI's like HIV believe it or not, I attended a medicine lecture and they taught us this. not 100% but less likely etc. Anyways circumcised looks better imo, but that could be biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I'm circumcised. It happened at after birth so I didn't realize i was till 13, thinking everyone penis looked something like mine :P

Looking at an uncircumcised penis makes me happy it was done. It definitely has its health benfits, one of which is protection againts STI's like HIV believe it or not, I attended a medicine lecture and they taught us this. not 100% but less likely etc. Anyways circumcised looks better imo, but that could be biased.
    Not if you clean your foreskin, like you should do. I don't doubt that people with foreskins do get infections because they don't do that, but then it's their own fault. If you are hygenic, then you should be as safe as anyone.

Frankly, I'd rather everyone have a choice with what's done to their body rather than it being enforced on everyone, religious issues aside. Wether it looks better or not is for other people to decide. If a girl refused to have sex with you (not what's being discussed, but certainly worth being said anyway) because you have a foreskin, then she deserves to be going out of the door in any case.

just out of interest, is it more difficult for circumcised guys to masterbate? Do you need lube because there is no foreskin?

ReputationRep:
    NS17, I'm not even going to bother reading that post as its length suggests it's just ranting and trolling and, once again, you bump the topic with an off-topic post directed at me.

And once again, that just puts you in the wrong. Find someone else to troll.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    just out of interest, is it more difficult for circumcised guys to masterbate? Do you need lube because there is no foreskin?
    I can't compare it to uncircumcised but I can say that it's not difficult at all. A lubricant is needed but it's not hard to spit on your hand, so it's no problem at all.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is circumcised and although at first i was taken aback as I'd never seen a circumcised penis before it really doesnt make any difference. They look the same as those with foreskin when erect and feel no different - if anything circumcised penis' are cleaner.

ReputationRep:
    I do not like them circumcised at all. It feels like some raw piece of rubber!

ReputationRep:
    I'm circumcised, had it done when i was about 7 as my foreskin was too tight. In my experience, girls really don't care.

Obviously I can't compare to with a foreskin, but it's fairly straightforward for me to masturbate, and I've never had a need for lubricant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, prefer circumcised men... for both hygiene and religious reasons x

Just had my circumcision today (For medical reasons).
    Had it under general anaesthetic <--- coolest stuff ever.
    All I have to say is: Ow.

ReputationRep:
    circumcision is best for me anyway (girl here) because well, I have issues with cleanliness, and I know you can be clean otherwise, but this way there is a lower chance of.... that. :ninja: I really have problems with cleanliness:P x
    You may be interested to know that bilogical reason for having a foreskin in the first place is to ensure cleanliness...

ReputationRep:
    Just had my circumcision today (For medical reasons).
    Had it under general anaesthetic <--- coolest stuff ever.
    All I have to say is: Ow.
    How is it going?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.