Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, why on earth do you wear watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Those dresses that are "fitted" under the boobs and then flow all the way straight down so it looks like you only have boobs and it's straight down from there. Often you get these with belts so the belts are tightened just under the boobs. As a guy the most attractive feminine thing about a girl is the curves around her hips.

Yes it kind of does emphasise the boobs but it looks like:

a) you're a man with boobs and a feminine face.
    b) piles on at least 2 dress sizes - do you not realize how HUGE it makes you look? It's like a wedding dress shifted up with all that space flowing under it.

I'm not even joking. I normally love how girls dress and am quite the ASOS fan myself, but seriously, stay away unless you're a size 6 trying to look a little more full.

Doesn't anyone agree?

ps: don't even know what they're called so can't post any pics but pls feel free to add some.

edit: it's called a ditsy (I think?)

edit case in point:

really gorgeous girl, but completely proves my point. It's like a pretty maternity overall. :p:

http://www.asos.com/Alice-Olivia/Ali...ize=20&sort=-1

ReputationRep:
    You're looking down too much, her face is wayyy up there.

ReputationRep:
    Coz they are comfy esp for lazing around in. And they can hide lovehandles, pear shaped bodies etc.
    But when the wind gets up them, a girl can look like a hot air balloon.

ReputationRep:
    this needs pics
    hurting my mind

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like those dresses either. They make me look a lot bigger than I am because of my hips :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Empire line tops?

ReputationRep:
    i agree, they make girls look less curvy

ReputationRep:
    Why the heck do you assume girls wear things to satisfy your standards?

How ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiplash)
    Those dresses that are "fitted" under the boobs and then flow all the way straight down so it looks like you only have boobs and it's straight down from there. Often you get these with belts so the belts are tightened just under the boobs. As a guy the most attractive feminine thing about a girl is the curves around her hips.

Yes it kind of does emphasise the boobs but it looks like:

a) you're a man with boobs and a feminine face.
    b) piles on at least 2 dress sizes - do you not realize how HUGE it makes you look? It's like a wedding dress shifted up with all that space flowing under it.

I'm not even joking. I normally love how girls dress and am quite the ASOS fan myself, but seriously, stay away unless you're a size 6 trying to look a little more full.

Doesn't anyone agree?

ps: don't even know what they're called so can't post any pics but pls feel free to add some.

edit: it's called a ditsy (I think?)

edit case in point:

really gorgeous girl, but completely proves my point. It's like a pretty maternity overall. :p:

[img] http://imagecache.asos.com/inv/T/28/...e/image1xl.jpg [/img]

http://www.asos.com/Alice-Olivia/Ali...ize=20&sort=-1

i like that dress.. before i saw the picture, i thought you meant empire line tops and stuff. like this chick

the pic you posted is really nice. i dont know whats wrong with you.
    but
    go eff yourself boy.

ReputationRep:
    If she's got the legs...why not? You can't wear one style of dress all the time, it would be boring and then you'd complain about that!

ReputationRep:
    Because I have huge hips and a huge arse. Therefore it needs to be covered up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Why the heck do you assume girls wear things to satisfy your standards?

How ridiculous.

What so women can complain how ridiculous the blinking flashlights look when we wear white socks with dress shoes (accepted) but you're up in arms once we critique your dress sense? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I like it!

ReputationRep:
    I like to wear pretty dresses which show off my legs

ReputationRep:
    Lolz ditsy is the print, not the shape of the dress.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I don't like this style of dress either Very frustrating as it seems to be harder to find tailored clothes these days, everything seems to fit like a tent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiplash)
    What so women can complain how ridiculous the blinking flashlights look when we wear white socks with dress shoes (accepted) but you're up in arms once we critique your dress sense? :rolleyes:
    :laugh:

You can critique the dress sense of someone you think looks weird or bad. But generalising is not going to get you any answers. Surely no-one could care less about how people they don't have anything to do with look like.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're preeeeeeeeetty!

ReputationRep:
    Because some of them are nice looking dresses?

ReputationRep:
    because there fashionable, and flatter most body shapes. I thought people loved that style...

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.