Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, why on earth do you wear watch

(Original post by AAAirz)
    Shut up, feminist.
    Wow, with comments like these TSR is really going downhill. Morons are posting **** everywhere.

(Original post by scaryhair)
    I don't really like those dresses either. They make me look a lot bigger than I am because of my hips :sad:
    You ninjas and your hips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You ninjas and your hips.
    Well, what can I say? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you mean tit-curtains?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like them as it makes peoples arms and bottom halves look a lot wider than they actually are, this is probably not the intended/desired effect but that's generally what happens. If someone asks what I think of what they're wearing I'm not going to lie to them and say it's flattering.

Funny how girls on here are complaining about what guys think of these horrible dresses, yet it's perfectly fine for girls to constantly critique guys dress senses. Hypocrites much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen)
    Wait, you mean tit-curtains?
    I don't know what this style is called since every retailer comes up with their own "clever" name for it, so I'm just going to call them tit curtains because they look like curtains draped over your tits. You might as well be wearing a burka. It's one giant formless piece of cloth draped around your waist. There's a reason pregnant women wear clothes like this, and it's because it usually looks good on them in lieu of a beekeeper outfit. You're not pregnant, so cut that **** out.
    I love Maddox :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think they're really pretty I love a girl in a nice dress, and they can be realy pretty. I don't just like girls clothes if they show off their body.

ReputationRep:
    They're the equivalent to male-skinny jeans. Absoltuely dreadful. Put them away and save them for when you're up the duff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    Wow, with comments like these TSR is really going downhill. Morons are posting **** everywhere.
    Sort your irony detector out please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    I like it!

Loving the SIG :d. Although it was made years ago , and has been on various different sites haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiplash)
    Those dresses that are "fitted" under the boobs and then flow all the way straight down so it looks like you only have boobs and it's straight down from there. Often you get these with belts so the belts are tightened just under the boobs. As a guy the most attractive feminine thing about a girl is the curves around her hips.

Yes it kind of does emphasise the boobs but it looks like:

a) you're a man with boobs and a feminine face.
    b) piles on at least 2 dress sizes - do you not realize how HUGE it makes you look? It's like a wedding dress shifted up with all that space flowing under it.

I'm not even joking. I normally love how girls dress and am quite the ASOS fan myself, but seriously, stay away unless you're a size 6 trying to look a little more full.

Doesn't anyone agree?

ps: don't even know what they're called so can't post any pics but pls feel free to add some.

edit: it's called a ditsy (I think?)
    Personally, I don't wear them. I agree they can be very unflattering, particularly when (like me) your best feature is a small waist (hourglass figure). They tend to look shapeless.

ReputationRep:
    lool at tit curtains http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I hate those dresses. Although I couln't care less if other people wear them, whatever init, but personally as I am quite tall and I have big boobs they are completely unflattering. Make me look top heavy and lanky. Like a lollipop. Eurgh. These days though they're the shape that's everywhere in the shops so they're hard to avoid. It's like avoiding skinny jeans or summat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    It sounds like you're assuming that every woman has the same figure. I wear similar dresses because I don't really have a waist line, doesn't matter whether I'm, size 6 or 12 I just don't have one My thinnest point is just below my ribs, so I accentuate this a little bit to make up for not having a waist line! And dresses like this do help.

I don't think they suit everyone, and yeh girls with nice waist lines probably do look better wearing things that show them off but we're not all hourglass shapes.
    The slimmest part under your ribs is your waistline, no? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    But it shows one of my dresses that hides everything about my figure (except my legs, I am short, so short dresses look best on me).
    Nice work but I can easily visualise any girls figure from the slightest hint of hump and get a pretty good idea of what she looks like under - and its not far off generally. Btw I REALLY like those layered skirts like the one you've got on in your profile pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Hm..

Well, it depends on the individual dress and how pretty it is. When I go clothes shopping (which barely ever happens), I can honestly say I don't care what is in fashion or what other people might think. When I bought my most recent dresses, I actually thought that people would think I looked ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone else where I live [Croydon] wearing anything like them. They don't show my figure at all, a couple of them hide my chest, waist and hips... but, they're pretty dresses to me so I don't care.
    I've actually got a fairly good figure, I think. 32" chest, 25" waist, 32" hips. But no one ever sees my true waist, I'm not looking to draw attention to myself - just to have something pretty but casual to wear for university.

My theory is that if I don't like wearing it - then I probably won't like the kind of guy it will attract. Some of the highly fitted things I see girls wearing on nights out to attract attention make me feel very sad for them.

Actually, I might as well just show you pictures.
    Sorry for the lame last photo, most of the pictures I have of myself are taken when I'm unaware of the camera. But it shows one of my dresses that hides everything about my figure (except my legs, I am short, so short dresses look best on me).
    I have that cat dress! Or something very similar, love it
    and i totally agree with what you said about seeing what other girls wear on nights out, it's the fact that they feel they need to do that to get the attention that's sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    The slimmest part under your ribs is your waistline, no? :unsure:
    Oh, lol, didn't realise how stupid that sounded.

I meant that I don't have an hour glass figure and therefore I only go 'in' literally where my lowest ribs are, which is where these dresses sit. Hour glass figures are usually slimmest just above the hips right?

I'm not doing to well on explaining this am I? :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Oh, lol, didn't realise how stupid that sounded.

I meant that I don't have an hour glass figure and therefore I only go 'in' literally where my lowest ribs are, which is where these dresses sit. Hour glass figures are usually slimmest just above the hips right?

I'm not doing to well on explaining this am I? :bigsmile:
    lol I knew what you mean don't worry, I was just teasing. :p:

Generally hour-glass girls are slimmest at the waist and their hips are in equal proportion to their bust, something I deeply envy :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    lol I knew what you mean don't worry, I was just teasing. :p:

Generally hour-glass girls are slimmest at the waist and their hips are in equal proportion to their bust, something I deeply envy :emo:
    Completely agree! I have absolutely no waist line, and therefore can't decide whether I look and feel better being slim and having literally no shape, or being a little overweight and having boobs and a bum... Think I'm gona go for slim :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I don't even wear any clothes.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.