Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If they cheated on you ... Do you dump them? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you stay with them or dump them ??
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krisjustreadin)
    Yes, you should dump them or stay with them.

Hope that clears things up for you.
    loll haha nope no really

ReputationRep:
    Cheating. Definately dumped. Sorry but I'd never trust them again. It's not worth the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    loll haha nope no really
    Well, to be honest I think it depends on the circumstances. They know its wrong the admit to it straight away instead of trying to lie, and they want to make things right again, give em a second chance.

dump. the trust would be gone and every time she was out i would probably be thinking what if she cheats again.

ReputationRep:
    Well, to be honest I think it depends on the circumstances. They know its wrong the admit to it straight away instead of trying to lie, and they want to make things right again, give em a second chance.
    yh but u trust them , then they go and sleep with someone and you lose that trust. Giving them a second chance how do you know they dont do it again ..

ReputationRep:
    Ok your partner goes out at night with a couple of friends ..
    they get REALLY drunk and end up sleeping with someone else ..

do you dump your partner or stay with him/her ?
    Well, yeah. Being drunk isn't an excuse for sleeping with someone else. That's horrible

ReputationRep:
    yh but u trust them , then they go and sleep with someone and you lose that trust. Giving them a second chance how do you know they dont do it again ..
    Leap o faith, forget about it, bygones be bygones and all that. Swallow your dang pride.

If it happens a second time however, load your gun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaithStarLight)
    Well, yeah. Being drunk isn't an excuse for sleeping with someone else. That's horrible
    yh true
    id probs want to kill myself if my gf got drunk and slept wiv someone else

Leap o faith, forget about it, bygones be bygones and all that. Swallow your dang pride.

If it happens a second time however, load your gun.
    haha yh but i tink in some cases it mite be best to always have your gun loaded just incase

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmmm i probs wouldnt want to end it.. but would NEVER ever trust them again... so probs would end it rather than constantly worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Dumped soooo fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Dumped soooo fast.
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Dumped soooo fast.
    wouldnt you find it hard to dump them if theyve been with you for a long time and you love them more then anything ?

ReputationRep:
    i always THOUGHT i'd automatically dump them but i found out the hard way that it's not that easy when you're in the situation! i found myself listening to what he had to say and giving him a while to prove he was sorry and make him sweat enough to not do it again before forgiving him... but it varies with every person i suppose! also my situation was only a drunken kiss not full on sex. not happy times though either way!

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt you find it hard to dump them if theyve been with you for a long time and you love them more then anything ?
    I would find it hard, but I also think that the hardest things to do in life are the right ones. Also first time you do it(dumping) is the hardest, after that its not as hard. The whole idea of cheating is one which I detest greatly because it just contridicts the whole relationship, trust and once trust is broken deep down its never really fully repaired. And I alwais think one of the crucial factors a relationship should be based on is trust. Thats just me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowpolkadotbikini)
    i always THOUGHT i'd automatically dump them but i found out the hard way that it's not that easy when you're in the situation! i found myself listening to what he had to say and giving him a while to prove he was sorry and make him sweat enough to not do it again before forgiving him... but it varies with every person i suppose! also my situation was only a drunken kiss not full on sex. not happy times though either way!
    im sorry to hear that
    hope everythings ok now
    do u mind if i ask How you managed to get over it ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    I would find it hard, but I also think that the hardest things to do in life are the right ones. Also first time you do it(dumping) is the hardest, after that its not as hard. The whole idea of cheating is one which I detest greatly because it just contridicts the whole relationship, trust and once trust is broken deep down its never really fully repaired. And I alwais think one of the crucial factors a relationship should be based on is trust. Thats just me though.
    yh i agree i think trust is like the foundation of a relationship everything in a relationship is based on trust. without trust there is no relationship.
    if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    yh i agree i think trust is like the foundation of a relationship everything in a relationship is based on trust. without trust there is no relationship.
    if that makes sense
    Yeahh it does. Funnily enough my ex said to me 'I can never trust you(a boy)100% because of past experiances. Kinda awkard for me to hear that, seeing I hadn't done anything to warrant that, and also knowing that no matter what I did she would never trust me.

Needless to say, that relationship ended as soon as it started. Ironicly, I was the one who trusted her 100% and she let me down lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    Yeahh it does. Funnily enough my ex said to me 'I can never trust you(a boy)100% because of past experiances. Kinda awkard for me to hear that, seeing I hadn't done anything to warrant that, and also knowing that no matter what I did she would never trust me.

Needless to say, that relationship ended as soon as it started. Ironicly, I was the one who trusted her 100% and she let me down lol
    sorry about that .. just remembers theres alot more girls out there

ReputationRep:
    im sorry to hear that
    hope everythings ok now
    do u mind if i ask How you managed to get over it ??
    thanks the main thing was that he was as upset about it as i was and after making him endure the guilt for a few days i think it convinced me that he'd seen the damage he'd done clearly enough to not want to do it again. i also made a point of not bottling it up and talking to him about it if i was upset by it as well as my close friends because it's much harder to deal with alone even if it was only a kiss in my case! my point being that it's not impossible to come through it, but it does take work!

ReputationRep:
    sorry about that .. just remembers theres alot more girls out there
    Nah its kool. To be honest I try and use every failed relationship/ broken friendship as a learning experiance. In terms of learning more about myself and what I want in life and how to achieve it. Lessens the pain and increases the determination to achieve I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.