Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If they cheated on you ... Do you dump them? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you stay with them or dump them ??
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    Yup, without hesitation. Why would I want to be with someone who doesn't want me enough to be with just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    Nah its kool. To be honest I try and use every failed relationship/ broken friendship as a learning experiance. In terms of learning more about myself and what I want in life and how to achieve it. Lessens the pain and increases the determination to achieve I think.
    yh true
    im not gonna say i know how u feel because i dont
    i met met my GF in january and well we have our ups and downs but shes ma first and i want things to work out ...

ReputationRep:
    Poll fail.

Oh and dump them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reagan Smash)
    Poll fail.

Oh and dump them.
    lol ive told every1 its my first poll jeez

ReputationRep:
    If one condition of our relationship was to see each other exclusively then the question of whether or not I would forgive him is irrelevant. He made the decision to end the relationship when he made the decision to cheat.

I don't understand why anyone would stay with somebody who was prepared to lose them for a quick shag. To me it's a self-respect thing. If all you are worth to him is less than a shag then what does that say about you if you stay?

Oh, they're gone.

ReputationRep:
    If they were sorry; I mean GENUINELY sorry, willing to make up for it and swear to NEVER do it again, then I would give them another chance. If I got myself into that situation somehow I know I'd want forgiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    Oh, they're gone.
    How is your avatar so huge?

ReputationRep:
    i voted no meaning no i wouldnt stay with them.
    i would possibly forgive a drunken kiss but not sleeping with someone. theres no excuse for that.

(Original post by Clements-)
    How is your avatar so huge?
    Mod mix up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd look to hire a good divorce lawyer the very same day. No way I'd let the wife keep the house and kids if she pulled that on me, not that I think she ever would of course...

ReputationRep:
    If a girl cheats on me she's out, I don't care how drunk/high/whatever she was at the time. Unless she was raped. Mind you, your girlfriend/wife being raped would be pretty hard to comprehend.. =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mts786)
    do you dump your partner or stay with him/her ?
    Is it wrong of me to say I would stay with them? It's just, the guy that I'm with now, I love him an incredible amount, and I wouldn't want to give him up. I think I'd find it in my heart to forgive him.

Though tbh, I'd like to think he wouldn't go near another girl....

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes I dump them.

ReputationRep:
    Kicked to the kerb :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    I think I would forgive them... I would be hurt and angry but no one is perfect, people make mistakes. If I really loved them and I knew they felt the same way, I wouldn't want to loose them over sex.

I feel odd for saying that lol

ReputationRep:
    The very least you should have in a relationship is love and honesty.

If they cheat on you dump them!

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump him, he would be gone. Soon as he does something with someone else with me in his heart he is gone.

ReputationRep:
    Yup i would break up with them.
    As far as im concerned cheating is cheating, no matter the circumstances... Being drunk doesnt totally change your personality...Which means that the person would have wanted to cheat, and the alcohol gave them that extra push they needed to go through with it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehistorian)
    Is it wrong of me to say I would stay with them? It's just, the guy that I'm with now, I love him an incredible amount, and I wouldn't want to give him up. I think I'd find it in my heart to forgive him.

Though tbh, I'd like to think he wouldn't go near another girl....
    i dont think its wrong if you stay with them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.