Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 21 and I can't play the piano, am I a freak? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 21, female, and I still can't play the piano. I've never even had any serious piano lessons let alone a piano teacher. Sure I've had offers from people wanting to teach me the piano but I wanted to wait for the right music teacher to come along, so many of my friends have jumped in to piano lessons with the first professional musician they meet and then end up regretting it.

The problem is i'm scared that when I do find a music teacher who's right for me they will think i'm a freak and be put off by me not having any musical experience. Is it really that bad to get to my age without having had any music lessons at all?
    So now i'm considering having a piano lesson with some random stranger just to get it over with.
    I've seen adverts for piano teachers on gumtree and in my local paper, and I've even gone as far as phoning up to find out how much they charge, but I could never go through with it because the thought of paying for piano lessons makes me feel so dirty and ashamed.

I don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    I CAN HELP YOU. It WILL be okay

(But yes you are abit of a freak)

ReputationRep:
    if you do not find a teacher you will be posting exactly the same thread sometime in the future, except this time it will be called "I'm 31 and I can't play the piano, am I a freak?"

ReputationRep:
    I think your first piano lesson should be special, and no your not wierd for not knowing how to play the piano at your age ... you just havent met the right piano teacher yet. tehe

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and I can't play the piano, am I a freak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    I'm 18 and I can't play the piano, am I a freak?
    There's still time for you.

Come into my piano-lair...

ReputationRep:
    Piano lessons aren't all their cracked up to be :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haeron)
    There's still time for you.

Come into my piano-lair...
    do you have a guitar one too?

ReputationRep:
    I think my piano is broken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    do you have a guitar one too?
    Yes, but I'm not the teacher; I locked up Steve Vai and Clockwork Orange'd that mofo into the perfect teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    I think my piano is broken
    Assuming this extended metaphor is still going.....whatthemotherduck are you talking about :sly:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.