Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a second year student doing Psychology - I'm transferring to Plymouth in September. Was just wondering if anyone on TSR is doing Psychology at Plymouth?

ReputationRep:
    hello, I'm going into second year at plymouth studying psychology nice to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Nice to meet you too :-)

I was starting to think no one from Plymouth was on TSR!!

So what's Plymouth/the course like? Go on, be honest!

ReputationRep:
    ha yeah doesn't seem to be many about! Well I loved my first year, they're quite a lot of us on the course so have managed to get a good group of friends from it. The uni is decent, some of the lecturers are a bit questionable but mostly good and interesting, apart from one guy who insisted teaching us stats with pictures of playmobil on the lecture slides which was just weird and confusing lol. I found the biopsychology part most interesting but I guess that's different for everyone! The exams were alright, some quite difficult and some quite easy but for me (who did relatively little work and if i'm honest attended very few lectures due to being lazy or hungover...) I did pretty well, achieving a high 2:1 for this year. It's quite a good course for meeting people as so many do it but we've also had numerous psychology socials throughout the year to which a lot of people who don't actually do psychology have come as well so you get to meet a fair few different types of people and they're always fun so that'd be worth joining in with.
    Are you moving into a house? or uni accom? I began last year in a house full of strangers but we're all really good friends now so that worked out well and I wouldn't worry it's easy to meet new people as there are so many students around anyway. Nights out are generally good, we tend to go to the student nights and not out at the weekend but that's purely because of the routine we've got into, every night is pretty popular and I've had some really good times.
    Anything in particular you'd like to know about?

ReputationRep:
    Moving Pictures, How is the new psych department? I visited it last year while they were doing it up. Looks like its going to be my firm for next year so was wondering what the facilites were like. Do they have MRI scanners etc?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me the reading list for the first year of C800 Psychology at Plymouth? I'm starting in 2011 but want to read up now! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Got an Uncondtional for psychology yesterday . The reading list was also be great! Or any more info, if any psych students are reading this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my 2nd year of Psychology in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccabecca_)
    I'm going into my 2nd year of Psychology in September.
    do you have a reading list/suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    do you have a reading list/suggestions?
    Physiology of behaviour- Neil. R Carlson
    Intro to research methods for behavioural sciences- Gravetter and Forzano
    Intro to Statistics " " "- Gravetter and Wallnau.

Those are the main 3 you'll probably use for the whole course.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.