Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

in relationship with a girl from my group of friends and shes upset Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to keep it a secret from our friends for the following reasons: (in order of importance)

- I dont want them interfearing
    - dont want a fuss if we breaK up
    - no extra guests in fights
    - no girl talk about me
    - were the boy & girl who everyone said should be together and I dont want them to be right

Im only asking to do it for 3 months so we are an estabished couple first but she doesnt want to, is it me or her in the wrong?

ReputationRep:
    No one's really in the wrong as such. I think it would be quite difficult for most girls to keep a realationship from their mates. I understand why you want to keep it a secret though. Maybe just tell them and see how it goes?

ReputationRep:
    well not a secret but not just tel them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    No one's really in the wrong as such. I think it would be quite difficult for most girls to keep a realationship from their mates. I understand why you want to keep it a secret though. Maybe just tell them and see how it goes?
    we can bbe very discreet when were witth them but all the ppoints I made do you thni there vaid

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok if I tell my friends?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I imagine she's upset because it makes her think you're ashamed of her.
    Would it really be that bad to tell them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Is it ok if I tell my friends?
    Legend!

ReputationRep:
    i understand where you're coming from but i still think you're in the wrong because although i understand your reasons, i don't think they are good enough reasons to keep your relationship a secret. You should want to show your girlfriend off - not hide the fact that you're with her...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I suppose in terms of hassle and making your friends choose should you ever split up it sounds like a good idea. If you don't tell them on the other hand and you break up it might leave feeling a bit akward when ( or rather if) the two of you are being frosty with each other.

Maybe see how it goes for a few months and then tell them?

ReputationRep:
    recently tried this
    gimmie a f
    gimmie an a
    gimmie an i
    gimmie a l

dont bother
    be openly happy
    its niceeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    we can bbe very discreet when were witth them but all the ppoints I made do you thni there vaid

Yeah, they're valid points. I think I'd be quite hurt if one of my friends didn't tell me that they were in a relationship because they thought that I would cause drama. then again I don't know what these friends of hers are like. It could be fun though for you two to have your own 'dirty little secret' :yep:

But if she really can't do it then don't force her.

ReputationRep:
    staplegun. painful but effective.

ReputationRep:
    She could think you're ashamed of her if you don't want to tell anyone about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowrax)
    Aww, I imagine she's upset because it makes her think you're ashamed of her.
    Would it really be that bad to tell them?
    the problem is if we argue it becomes everyone business when two of us fight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    i understand where you're coming from but i still think you're in the wrong because although i understand your reasons, i don't think they are good enough reasons to keep your relationship a secret. You should want to show your girlfriend off - not hide the fact that you're with her...
    its just the reasons I post in my first post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Hmm I suppose in terms of hassle and making your friends choose should you ever split up it sounds like a good idea. If you don't tell them on the other hand and you break up it might leave feeling a bit akward when ( or rather if) the two of you are being frosty with each other.

Maybe see how it goes for a few months and then tell them?
    I said in my first post it will only be 3 months because most things that last past a month then its more likely to become long term if that make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    its just the reasons I post in my first post
    yeah i know...what other reasons are there???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    She could think you're ashamed of her if you don't want to tell anyone about it...
    I have told her the reasons and she said shes ashamed of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    yeah i know...what other reasons are there???
    like Im not ashamed of her orr anything

ReputationRep:
    A guy and girl in my group of friends dated and then broke up. They never kept it a secret and it wasn't awkward or anything when they split up cause they were both friends with the same people so they were kinda forced to be together, they're friends now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.