Turn on thread page Beta

Since geting really bad cystitis a couple of times i've become frightened of sex, we've done it twice in the last 5months because of it. I get really worried afterwards and it just makes having sex pointless. I'm very lucky because my bf doesn't mind, but I want to be able to share that affection with him, i'm just so frustrated!

ReputationRep:
    Poor girl! I have two friends who are prone to cystitis and although I've never had it I can tell from them that it's uber painful. Have you gone to a doctor to get some suggestions? I'd say that's your best bet but just from going to the shops to get stuff for my friends and seeing what helped them all I can say is::

1) I know there are certain teas and herbal mixtures you can get at the health shop that will help soothe the pain when it hits - maybe pop in to one of them and ask the staff what they'd recommend? I think one in Ireland is called...cystopurine maybe?? You mix one of the sachets with water and drink up.

2) Also maybe having a shower after sex (a bit weird maybe but if it keeps you healthy why not?! Maybe invite him in too )

3) Alcohol and certain fluids make it loads worse so stick to water and those herbal teas. LOADS of water!!

Whatever you do, do not let this ruin sex for you! The problem here isn't sex; it's cystitis. Once you get the cystitis under control you'll be good to go. Sex is meant to be fun and if you are with a bf who is right for you in that dept of course you want to enjoy it. Even just google some remedies to try out til you find one that works.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    I have recurrent cystitis, PM if you want to talk about it, have a LOT of information that may be of use.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.