Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Every time I watch that programme it makes me realise what an excellent job the guys at the RNLI, Royal Navy and the other emergency services do; from the lifeguards on the beach to the peeps in the chopper, they all put 110% into everything that comes up.

I can't even imagine how it all comes together so well and they manage to co-ordinate each other with absolute precision.

Amazing and inspiring set of people and serves as a reminder to stay safe at sea (and on land) considering how quickly things can go wrong.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can catch it on iPlayer or on BBC1 at 6pm on Sunday evenings.

I know some RNLI volunteers and they always tell me to spread the word as much as possible to friends, most of the people they end up having to save are teenagers, most of whom are just regular people who haven't taken appropriate safety precautions, so sorry if this seems a bit soapboxy.

If you're out at the beach this Summer (if the rain ever goes away!), stick a few quid in the RNLI box cos the money really does go into providing the essential equipment for the volunteers who are out saving lives every day.

ReputationRep:
    I like this show, mainly because one of the landing pads they use in it is at the bottom of my garden :ninja:

They really are underestimated which can be seen even by how many times they land over the summer. So I second what you are saying as they really are :king1:

:girl:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for responding, any pics of any choppers landing by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    Thanks for responding, any pics of any choppers landing by any chance?
    No but I could try get some at some point

ReputationRep:
    Excellenté

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.