Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: why do you care so much about shoes?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering as to why girls(well a lot of them) love buying them, its not the same as how some guys like a new pair of addidas trainers if you know what i mean.........And also do you think it attracts guys or sumthing because i knoe alot of guys(including me) who dont really give a ****:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I love buying shoes because they are an important part of an outfit!!...but it has nothing to do with me thinking that they'll attract guys and thats probably with most girls...Overall i think most girls probably care so much about shoes because they are an important fashion accessory..

ReputationRep:
    Because heels, especially, make a woman feel much more feminine and heels generally compliment the rest of an outfit (the right kind of outfit obviously)

ReputationRep:
    I don't care much about shoes but I love bags!

ReputationRep:
    What is with the attack on female fashion today??!?!?

because we want to

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of trainers and a pair of sandels Shoes are pointless to me 'cause you can't really run in them (heels anyway, if that's what we're talking about). And then heels usually always hurt your feet anyway I've worn them twice, and I continiously asked everyone "How can girls wear these!?" :P:

ReputationRep:
    Because if you have a green dress and orange shoes you look like a blind idiot :dontknow: It's alright for guys, chuck on just about anything and you're fine

ReputationRep:
    no matter how much weight you put on, your shoes and bags will always be usable.

ReputationRep:
    they're pretty, it's why we like most things irrationally

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cause there's SO much variety available for girls.. maybe, guys would be the same if there were that many options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    no matter how much weight you put on, your shoes and bags will always be usable.
    This.

Plus the fact that they (high heels especially :love:) make you feel so good the minute you put them on

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft so I care about shoes - a lot.

ReputationRep:
    The same can be said about handbags tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I'm 5ft so I care about shoes - a lot.

haha i'm 5 ft 9.5 and i still love shoes, they are beautiful, and in answer to OP, this is why we care x

ReputationRep:
    I care (aka, stress and get depressed) about shoes now because I CANNOT find a comfy pair that I can keep on!? I just end up giving up and waiting for a few months. I'll look again when all the comfy boots are in for the winter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    What is with the attack on female fashion today??!?!?

because we want to
    LOOL I know! Let's attack them with our highest heels.. (joke fail)

I actually buy shoes because they attract me.
    I bought 5 pairs of platform heels and have only worn one.. once.. LOL
    I just love the fact that they are there.

ReputationRep:
    I like shoes, there's nothing better than putting on a swish pair of brown loafers to class up your jeans look.

ReputationRep:
    We don't buy them so that guys look at them. We buy them because we like them.

ReputationRep:
    A question that still puzzles me.

ReputationRep:
    I love shoes too. I think i like shoes because they are pretty. Shoes should go with my outfit so that's why it's important!! white and black are basics i think. But im too skint to have a collection at the moment...

I'm hunting for a pair of afordable white heels. Saw some in Primark today, they were pretty comfy but no size 3 in that particular color! was well gutted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.