Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: why do you care so much about shoes?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Each pair of shoes I own, have owned or lust after are, in my opinion, little pieces of artwork for your feet; beautifully crafted, stunning in every way - their fabric, their heel, the colour, everything. As a girl, as soon as I see a pair of shoes I like, I instantly think they were made just fo rme. It's so easy for women to become obsessed with shoes because they are so available to us and are so varied that we can easily change our style based on our feet.

I'm five foot eleven and still find heels beautiful to wear, I don't really care that they make me taller because they're gorgeous and they empower me. Even if I'm feeling **** about my general appearance or I think I'm having a fat day, I'll put on a pair of shoes and instantly feel beautiful.

http://littlelessvague.wordpress.com...ven-in-a-shoe/

Current favourite lust after item. They're amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like heels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    Each pair of shoes I own, have owned or lust after are, in my opinion, little pieces of artwork for your feet; beautifully crafted, stunning in every way - their fabric, their heel, the colour, everything. As a girl, as soon as I see a pair of shoes I like, I instantly think they were made just fo rme. It's so easy for women to become obsessed with shoes because they are so available to us and are so varied that we can easily change our style based on our feet.

I'm five foot eleven and still find heels beautiful to wear, I don't really care that they make me taller because they're gorgeous and they empower me. Even if I'm feeling **** about my general appearance or I think I'm having a fat day, I'll put on a pair of shoes and instantly feel beautiful.

http://littlelessvague.wordpress.com...ven-in-a-shoe/

Current favourite lust after item. They're amazing!
    I couldn't have put this better myself.

i loooooove high heels. I adore them! I buy so many pairs... they're amazing. You will have good posture, longer slimmer legs and they are gorgeous! What;s not to love? im actually smiling at the thought of my shoes. they're so beautiful, like little pets. or diamonds. Sometimes they're so pretty I get tears or happiness. Isn't there a saying that says if you have small feet you're a shoe person and if you have big feel you're a bag person? shoes

ReputationRep:
    It gives me a feeling of pure pleasure. I actually found that I'm more excited about getting shoes than I am about getting clothes.

Ah btw, no high heels. Just Oasis, Vans, the occasional Nike. The kind of really colourful shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a **** about shoes, and i only have one pair of heels because i look like a regular person on stilts...i'd much rather buy lots and lots of bags (drool)

ReputationRep:
    so i can have the perfect pair for every outfit.
    at the end of the day i dress how i like to, not too bothered what guys thing, so my shoe collection is definitely not in aid of attracting male attention!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sprite_fright)
    I couldn't have put this better myself.

i loooooove high heels. I adore them! I buy so many pairs... they're amazing. You will have good posture, longer slimmer legs and they are gorgeous! What;s not to love? im actually smiling at the thought of my shoes. they're so beautiful, like little pets. or diamonds. Sometimes they're so pretty I get tears or happiness. Isn't there a saying that says if you have small feet you're a shoe person and if you have big feel you're a bag person? shoes
    Not too sure to be honest! Although I have quite big feet (size eight) and I am definitely a shoe person. Love bags, have tonnes, but not as much as my shoes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm neither a shoe person or a bag person

I find it difficult to care too much about shoes because whenever I wear heels I can't get over the unnerving feeling that I'm damaging myself by wearing them, so I don't wear heels. And I think people walking around in heels tend to look pretty silly, especially when they try and dance in them.

So I'm tied to flats. And generally speaking flat shoes tend to be pretty ugly and difficult to get excited about. And that is why I am not a shoe person.

ReputationRep:
    Shoes :coma:
    Can't explain it tbh, just something about themmm.

ReputationRep:
    i don't give a crap what some guy thinks about my shoes
    shoes are fun. you can go really extreme with your shoes, ie 6" platform heels covered in spikes and studs, and have it not ruin an outfit or make it over the top.

ReputationRep:
    girls don't buy shoes or any other clothing item to impress a guy, it's about feeling and looking good for yourself, which obviously then does usually attract guys.

i'm 5'2 and live in heels, and when i find there's nothing i can buy from the high street that i actually like, which happens a lot, i know i can find a pair of shoes i like. it's all part of the outfit!

plus, high heels instantly make a woman look slimmer and make her feel sexier, granted she can walk in them.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls do it to take attention away from their fat body and it is something that you can use even if they put on a lot of weight (that is what I'm told). In general, I think that it's just a girl thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catzrin)
    So I'm tied to flats. And generally speaking flat shoes tend to be pretty ugly and difficult to get excited about. And that is why I am not a shoe person.
    No They can be cute. And its easier (and funnier) to dance with a girl in flats than in high heels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.