Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teachers accepted my friends on facebook but not me Watch

ReputationRep:
    so weird addin ur teachers!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't like you. The End.

Maybe they just didn't remember you or recognise you.

ReputationRep:
    If someone doesn't want to stay in touch just drop it and respect that.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they only want sexy students on their profiles?

Those the brakes.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your old school/college and demand to know why?

Apart from that there really is not much that you can do except live with it and move on. If they didn't want to keep in touch with you it's not going to have any effect on your life

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want teachers on my facebook, even the ones I got on well with.
    Our relationship was still student/teacher not friend/friend.
    What were you planning on doing, commenting on their drunk night out photos and "poking" them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm bemused as to why your bothered? Personally I think your weird for caring. Why would you want to contact them anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeytk)
    I hope to be a teacher in a few years and I will have as a general rule; no students.
    This.

I'm the opposite, I decline friends requests from teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let it get to you. Add the other teachers if you still want to. Just because the others declined you, doesn't mean that these teachers will to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeytk)
    I hope to be a teacher in a few years and I will have as a general rule; no students.
    You can have a seperate professional account. The internet is a useful medium for passing on information. Granted it'd leave you in abit of trouble as well since your activities will likely be monitored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I'm bemused as to why your bothered? Personally I think your weird for caring. Why would you want to contact them anyway?
    I agree completely. It's such a non-issue but each to their own I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-Man!)
    This.
    Sorry for being a noob but what does "This." mean?

ReputationRep:
    The question is, do you REALLY want to stay in touch with these teachers or are you adding them because your friends have?

Facebook isnt a popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps they didn't want to many students. Perhaps they only accepted those they were very close to. Perhaps they simply didn't like you.

Who knows. What I do know though is that this trivial matter isn't worth worrying about

ReputationRep:
    oh for crying out loud

ffs the amount of people who think that facebook is somehow the b all and end all of everything is absolutely pathetic

boo hoo OP so someone didnt add you - get a freaking grip and go outside away from the PC for a little while

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it obvious why you might wanna stay in touch? They might wanna know how you are, how things are in your academic world, you might want advice, you might have similar interests. It's not that uncommon, I don't get why loads of you find it weird.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at taking it personally - OP I would maybe see if you could get one of your friends to write on their wall in a jokey way like "oh so you rejected .... then :P" if you're really that bothered.
    Although I could see why it could be a bit hurtful, it's not worth getting stressed over I know that a couple of my old teachers don't want students on fb, so keep in touch via email instead

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.