Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would you feel if you split up on valentines day? Watch

Just wondering cos my father did this to my mum. They had been married over 30 years, jjust interested in people's thoughts.

Thanks/

ReputationRep:
    No worse than if it happened any other day really.

ReputationRep:
    i would be very very very upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    yeah same for me really.. oh unless i planned to make the night special and bought her like an 80quid bracelet or necklace or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    yeah same for me really.. oh unless i planned to make the night special and bought her like an 80quid bracelet or necklace or something
    That's why you need to keep your receipt so you can take it back the next day and drown your sorrows with the money from the return :p:

ReputationRep:
    The exact words I came here to say Damnit!

ReputationRep:
    For the rebound, it's probably the best day of the year. Think of all the club nights.

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel pretty awesome, as it would mean I had a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    That's why you need to keep your receipt so you can take it back the next day and drown your sorrows with the money from the return :p:
    lol.. buuutt.. what if i was feeling cheap so i got it off ebay or some random guy in camden market

ReputationRep:
    Pretty crap considering everywhere you turned there'd be all the lovey dovey stuff

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    probably very romantic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Pretty crap considering everywhere you turned there'd be all the lovey dovey stuff
    Go out and get pissed?

ReputationRep:
    I was dumped on valentines day 2 years ago - it felt just as crap as any other break up tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I was dumped on Valentines day, I actually felt relived that I didn't have to spend all day being smooshy, and didnt have to spend any money on corny crap

ReputationRep:
    I'd just buy some good food and Lucozade, hop onto my bed and watch the original and 3D My Bloody Valentine alone.

How would you feel if your dad did thatto your mother, would it change anything?

ReputationRep:
    1 word: heartbroken

ReputationRep:
    I'd think Cupid had a sense of humour...
    (bitter)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty damn ****** off if I'd bought them a present

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.