Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paved_Paradise)
    Ah ok, thanks!

Also, I know we're able to use the laundry facilities at King Edwards - how close are they to each other? Is that a complete pain in the arse?! I guess you'd get used to it anyway though...
    Around the corner. Couple minutes walk, bit of a pain when it's raining, but other than that it's fine. Not denying that it's nice when you move into your own house with a washing machine/tumble dryer though =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    Around the corner. Couple minutes walk, bit of a pain when it's raining, but other than that it's fine. Not denying that it's nice when you move into your own house with a washing machine/tumble dryer though =P
    Lol, cool. Is it expensive? I really should have thought about all of this before choosing haha... fool

ReputationRep:
    Lol, cool. Is it expensive? I really should have thought about all of this before choosing haha... fool
    £1.80/wash, 60p I think for drying - 40 minutes first and then 10p for 7 minute i think it was - we are going back 2 years now. It's not more expensive than other uni laundrettes (only catered got it free - you could always make a friend in Birks, and then use their washing machine, one of my flatmates did that xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    £1.80/wash, 60p I think for drying - 40 minutes first and then 10p for 7 minute i think it was - we are going back 2 years now. It's not more expensive than other uni laundrettes (only catered got it free - you could always make a friend in Birks, and then use their washing machine, one of my flatmates did that xD)
    That sounds reasonably priced and I guess I need not spend too much on laundrettes and I won't bother to get someone to help me save such expenses. Anyway, Sephrenia, thanks for your information. I am still thinking of buying a cheap iron just in case no flatmate has one...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycharm)
    That sounds reasonably priced and I guess I need not spend too much on laundrettes and I won't bother to get someone to help me save such expenses. Anyway, Sephrenia, thanks for your information. I am still thinking of buying a cheap iron just in case no flatmate has one...:eek3:
    The washing machines are so big, that if you can get away with it, you can fit 2 weeks of washing in, in one load. So I did 2 weeks of clothes, and then 2 weeks of bedding/towels in 2 loads, every other week =)

ReputationRep:
    Cook's my first choice, Lleyellen my second. I presume they're essentially the same?

I hope I get one of them though (hoping I get in of course), Lafrowda (my third choice) really doesn't appeal at the moment! I just liked the idea of smaller blocks and a bit away from campus that I can retreat to that's still close enough to the campus and city to be covered on foot without too much exertion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beesbees)
    Cook's my first choice, Lleyellen my second. I presume they're essentially the same?

I hope I get one of them though (hoping I get in of course), Lafrowda (my third choice) really doesn't appeal at the moment! I just liked the idea of smaller blocks and a bit away from campus that I can retreat to that's still close enough to the campus and city to be covered on foot without too much exertion...
    Lol, that was my logic too. And then there's always the advantage of being close to Wetherspoons heh but yeh, I like that only 40 or so people stay there...hopefully we'll be a lovely lil community! - That sounds a LOT cheesier than it was meant to haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that was my logic too. And then there's always the advantage of being close to Wetherspoons heh but yeh, I like that only 40 or so people stay there...hopefully we'll be a lovely lil community! - That sounds a LOT cheesier than it was meant to haha
    That's pretty much the sole reason I chose it to be honest! I don't like the idea of living in a tower block with hundreds of people whom I'll never meet, at least when there's just 40 it should be easier to get to know everyone!

I really hope I get a place there if I get in...

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty much the sole reason I chose it to be honest! I don't like the idea of living in a tower block with hundreds of people whom I'll never meet, at least when there's just 40 it should be easier to get to know everyone!

I really hope I get a place there if I get in...
    I reckon you will if your first & second choices were both the mewses I had Lafrowda as 2nd choice, and still got Cooks, so I'm sure you'll be fine From what I've read in other places, it doesn't seem like many people apply for mewses...
    What are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you will if your first & second choices were both the mewses I had Lafrowda as 2nd choice, and still got Cooks, so I'm sure you'll be fine From what I've read in other places, it doesn't seem like many people apply for mewses...
    What are you going to be studying?
    Ancient History. Though I intend to try and change to Ancient History and Archaeology if at all possible. I'm not sure as to the logistics of that but I'll work it out when it comes to it :tongue:. If not, straight Ancient History should be good anyway

I was initially put off by the proximity to the railway it must be said!

ReputationRep:
    I was initially put off by the proximity to the railway it must be said!
    Yeh, I was too, but after some of the places I had to sleep in on my gap year, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep through trains!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I was too, but after some of the places I had to sleep in on my gap year, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep through trains!
    Haha, I worked out I've slept on the floor in a combination of heat, cold, rain and mosquitos for four weeks out of the last five. Thus, I feel I can easilytake on a few trains here and there!

ReputationRep:
    In terms of design - yes.
    But there is always the rivalry.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea about when we find out about accommodation offers?

ReputationRep:
    If I remember rightly, it should be a week or so? I'm pretty sure all my friends last year found out pretty quickly. It does vary from place to place though.

... I'm assuming you got in then?! Congratulations!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    They don't allocate rooms to anyone until they know people are coming - and they have to sort out literally thousands of rooms. Be patient! They'll be working as fast as they can, but logistically it may take a while to get through them all.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember rightly, it should be a week or so? I'm pretty sure all my friends last year found out pretty quickly. It does vary from place to place though.

... I'm assuming you got in then?! Congratulations!! :woo:
    Yay :woo:! Thanks.

Hmm, yeah I was just wondering cos some people I know who are going to Brunel got all thier accommodation offers and paid the deposit today :tongue:

No real hurry I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    i am going to be in cook mews!

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for Llewellyn Mews, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you guys!

ReputationRep:
    I got mine for Llewellyn Mews, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you guys!
    Oh nooooo!! Well, good luck there anyways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.