Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered if anyone could answer my questions.

Is 21st september the day lectures start or the start of freshers?
    When does freshers start?
    Aorund what dates will be moving in time? (just a general idea would be appreciated)

Rep to be had I'm clueless and need o start sorting out my room to move!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fantasystar38)

Aorund what dates will be moving in time? (just a general idea would be appreciated)

My accommodation (Sheavyn) states that I can move in on the 17th September at 10am! I think most accommodation places say that... I don't know whether people will come on that date or a couple of days after though

I think 21st is Freshers week also! And then lectures start the week after. (not 100% sure on that, but i think that's right) I have a feeling that week (21st) will be signing up for things and such.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll move in asap!

Ahh, I have tickets to see Hockey at the academy on the 24th, hope there isn't anything huge that night!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah freshers week is the 21st, when you register for your courses and whatnot, then lectures start the next week, the 28th i believe.

ReputationRep:

heya, i was wondering that bout herts uni so i phoned up and they put me thru to the head of the subject, she told me everything
    hope it helps x

ReputationRep:
    Yep Fresher's is 21st, with all the uni admin stuff and introductions...but I think actual lectures and seminars start on different days depending on your subject the week after. Moving in dates depend on your specific halls too - where are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week is 21st.
    Lectures start 28th.
    Attending Freshers is mandatory.
    Moving in on the weekend before freshers starts (so 18th to 20th) is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    Freshers week is 21st.
    Lectures start 28th.
    Attending Freshers is mandatory.
    Moving in on the weekend before freshers starts (so 18th to 20th) is acceptable.
    Well I'm attending Freshers, the tickets are for Manchester Academy.
    I'll move in the weekend before it starts

ReputationRep:
    move in date: 17th
    freshers week stars on 21st

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm attending Freshers, the tickets are for Manchester Academy.
    I'll move in the weekend before it starts
    Nope I don't think he means attending the Fresher's Ball is mandatory, he means Freshers Week. It's needed to register on your course and of course for all the fun stuff that goes with it.

Lectures and real stuff starts the week after that.

You can move in from the 17th (Thursday). Many will move in on the Saturday (19th). There will be some who move in Thursday though. Activities/fairs etc will start Monday.

GO TO THE FAIR! Get free stuff :p: Most is crap that will litter your flat/room for the next year, but you can find the odd gem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick90)
    21th
    this made me laugh...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_bath)
    this made me laugh...:rolleyes:
    my bad.
    congratulations for being so perspicacious.
    (at least i've helped someone with my reply )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Related to "getting settled" but on a slightly different note, I thought in early August, those who will be studying in Manchester would receive a reading list, or information guide, or something?

Someone, enlighten me, please :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)
    Related to "getting settled" but on a slightly different note, I thought in early August, those who will be studying in Manchester would receive a reading list, or information guide, or something?

Someone, enlighten me, please :p:
    Not really, depends on your course though. If you trawl your subject website you might find something, or you could email your admin office if you're that bothered!

You will get something before Freshers week, could be email or a letter pack so keep an eye on emails

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll move in asap!

Ahh, I have tickets to see Hockey at the academy on the 24th, hope there isn't anything huge that night!
    Hey, have I seen you saying about your tickets on facebook too? Not that I'm a stalker or anything.......:o:
    What course are you studying?! I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    Pift depending on your subject you still might start lessons in freshers week. You get a full timetable for computer science, so dont expect to be running around free outside for freshers week during the day :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali_bath)
    Hey, have I seen you saying about your tickets on facebook too? Not that I'm a stalker or anything.......:o:
    What course are you studying?! I'm so excited!
    I'm Medicine or Chemistry depending on my grades

Erm yes, but how have you seen my facebook? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm Medicine or Chemistry depending on my grades

Erm yes, but how have you seen my facebook? :p:
    I think in one of the fresher's groups you were saying you had tickets.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.