Turn on thread page Beta

paranoid about going swimming :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Congratulations on knowing her IRL. I wish I knew someone IRL. Oh but to think such a miracle could be...
    we actually just left the same school. i just rip into her about TSR and shout things like 'NEG REP' at her. all the time.

(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Would now be a bad moment for me to say: Who!? :p:
    kimoso is the 2nd greatest living legend from TSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 888phoenix888)
    we actually just left the same school. i just rip into her about TSR and shout things like 'NEG REP' at her. all the time.

kimoso is the 2nd greatest living legend from TSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You made me curious, so I did a member search and now I'm listening to placebo :p:

ReputationRep:
    Think about it this way, if you don't go, things aren't going to get any better.

So just bite the bullet and swim.

ReputationRep:
    Just dash 'n splash. In other words run and jump in , no one will see you .

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    Defeated.

ReputationRep:
    Just get in the water asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 888phoenix888)
    i highly doubt people go to the swimming baths to perve and judge other peoples bodies. ignore them and you'll be fine
    You obviously haven't been to JJB gyms then.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what someone said a while back, its not as if you're not doing anything about getting yourself fitter, therefore the way I see it no one has any right to judge you. Go forth and swim! I went for a swim this morning for the first time in years and I was a bit worried as well, but it was mostly old people and they were all pretty friendly

ReputationRep:
    As a practical peice of advise when we're nervous about our bodies humans are more likely to slouch their shoulders forwards and slump as a form of concealment (i know i used to)

DONT DO THIS !

The best thing you can do is go in with your head high and your shoulders back and no one will look twice

ReputationRep:
    Just wear a nice costume and swim. Even if people think you look terrible so what? You're not going there to try and hook up with people are you?

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Italy everyone was in bikinis and I really really was dreading putting mine on and going to join them in the pool! I put a tshirt and shorts over the top and took them off pool side and got in really quickly, and I was ok I was ok by the end of the week, so much so that I could walk along the poolside (rather self-consciously at that) but you do get used to it. At least you won't have pervy Italian men staring at you :p:

ReputationRep:
    There are only two types of people who will get any attention at a swimming pool - the very hot and the very fat. Anyone in between is not going to get noticed so not looking absolutely fantastic isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh even if you were obese I'd only think 'fair play, she's doing something about it'...noone pays as much attention as people seem to think...they're all too self conscious about their own bodies to worry about judging other people :p:

ReputationRep:
    No one sees an huge fat ass swimming at a pool and thinks, "fair play, she's doing something about it."

They're thinking, "Oh Noes, will she mistake small children for baby sea-lions pups?!?"

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.