Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just got back from the dining room after yet another Roast Beef Sunday tea.

This got me thinking, why am I actually eating this?
    I don't like it, it just tastes bland and isn't healthy in any way.

So I've been thinking of any English food that I do actually like and I'm struggling...

I would much rather be eating Portuguese, Spanish, Italian or Indian cuisine, not only because its healthier but it just tastes so, so much nicer.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone actually agrees with me when I say I don't like English food.

ReputationRep:
    I like any well sourced food that is expertly prepared. If your beef didn't taste of anything then it was probably factory farmed crap.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. The British are gastronomic dunces.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you - with one exception

:coma:

But only when cooked in vegetable oil
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sounds like it's just not a very good sunday lunch to be honest :p:

There's nothing wrong with English food in itself, but the attitude to food in the UK seems to make that it's crap a lot of the time...

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with a scone.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried chicken tikka masala. Delicious British food

ReputationRep:
    I agree mostly, but I do really like sweet English stuff (puddings, chocolate, sweets, biscuits). I don't know why our food's so bland, but in my opinion French food is just as bland and rubbish. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    u think English food is naff?! i think u should try home-style Chinese food before commenting! it's even more bland! only the restaurant food taste nice!

ReputationRep:
    I kinda agree, the moment you ask for a "FULL English Breakfast", you might aswell drink a jug of cooking oil lol. There's this cafe here who does a deep fried sliced bread and deep fried Mars bar ice cream...... HEALTHY!

ReputationRep:
    Love Sunday Roast!
    Which is amazing as I'm a picky eater

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:

ahh finally got to use it

ReputationRep:
    I love Roast Sunday dinner

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing better than Northern fish and chips.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always have to be "our foods better than your food", "our countries better than your country" ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thethinker)
    Have you tried chicken tikka masala. Delicious British food

You know that's indian food....right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)

You know that's indian food....right?
    I think it was tongue in cheek...

ReputationRep:
    english food is great not naff

i love fish and chips and pie and mash mmm

and roasts are the best especially roast pork

but chinese is great too :yy: all food is great really :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botchok5)
    I kinda agree, the moment you ask for a "FULL English Breakfast", you might aswell drink a jug of cooking oil lol. There's this cafe here who does a deep fried sliced bread and deep fried Mars bar ice cream...... HEALTHY!
    euuuhh that sounds sickening!
    blech

ReputationRep:
    Alot of English people make chicken tikka masala and other indian foods at home now. They've adopted the dishes. You're less likely to get food poisoning as well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.