Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I'm looking to go somewhere in the North of Europe this November but I'm not really sure where yet. My main requirements are as follows:

-Relatively cheap
    -Plenty of culture/interesting things to do (not planning on getting wasted every night or anything like that)
    -Quite Christmassy (I know it'll be November, but somewhere that's sort of Christmassy but isn't absolutely freezing cold would be nice)
    -Not too far away (three or four hour flight is good)

I'm planning to go for a week with my father. Thanks for any ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Berlin, perhaps? Lots and lots of cultural things to do - museums, art galleries, historical related stuff (and if that isn't enough, it's only a short train ride/drive to a number of other cities). Flights to Berlin can be got relatively cheaply, and you can stay there for a decent price. Only an hour flight I think.

ReputationRep:
    Given how hard Iceland was hit by the financial crisis it would be safe to assume that they are probably somewhat cheaper than normal.

ReputationRep:
    Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt) or Belgium! (Bruges or Brussels) They have awesome christmas markets and ice rinks. If you went much norther then that at Christmas time it would be absolutely freezing.

ReputationRep:
    germany is known for it's christmas markets, Berlin has a lot to do/see and is relatively cheap compared to the other northern european countries.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.