Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crab, Pig, Spider, Snail, Snake. Would you ever consider having one as pet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, no, yes yes yes

ReputationRep:
    I used to have pet snails.

ReputationRep:
    snail/spider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    One of my dad's friends used to keep snakes :p: I wouldn't mind having one of them if a room mate/ boyfriend had one but I don't think I'd actively buy one myself. Pigs are a bit... big..... and smelly :giggle: No good with spiders. Crab is interesting- it actually might be quite cool :p: I don't mind snails either
    -throws a spider at you- On topic, I'd love to have a pet snail for some reason! Also that chameleon that other girl mentioned sounded awesome :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a snake as a pet. I'll probably get a kitten, though.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks, I'll stick to my boring cat for now.

ReputationRep:
    John looks cute.

ReputationRep:
    Pig definitely! They're so cute! :oink:

ReputationRep:
    Crab - why would you want a crab as a pet...?
    Pig - not really a viable option unless you live on a farm.
    Spider - **** no.
    Snail - no. I don't dislike them, but think of all the slime
    Snake - double **** no. Sinister looking little things.

ReputationRep:
    i have some giant land snails at the moment
    wouldn't have a spider or snake because they're fairly dull and need live food
    wouldn't have a crab because I don't really see the appeal, much as I like crabs.
    wouldn't have a pig because they'd destroy my garden and I don't like them.

the snails were forced on me but it is actually quite interesting to see them growing at such a pace and they look really cool when they climb up the glass and you shine a light behind them. oh, and we've had a lot of snail races now.

ReputationRep:
    I have a snake and all I have to do is feed her frozen mice and hold her sometimes it's cool

ReputationRep:
    I would have a pig and a snail.

ReputationRep:
    Crab: no, they're better off left in their proper habitat and don't have any particularly interesting pet qualities.
    Pig: absolutely if I had the space.
    Spider: I'm terrified of them.
    Snail: I used to have a couple of water snails in my fish tank, but there are enough in the back garden already. Again, few interesting pet qualities.
    Snake: I don't fancy being throttled by my pet reptile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1991)
    The crab. I like crab.
    Why do I get the feeling you were thinking about your stomach when you wrote that?

And no I wouldn't consider having one of those as a pet, I'll stick to my dog thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic4)
    Why do I get the feeling you were thinking about your stomach when you wrote that?

And no I wouldn't consider having one of those as a pet, I'll stick to my dog thanks
    You'd eat dog? You're weird man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1991)
    You'd eat dog? You're weird man.
    Oh aren't we hilarious today :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My mum is on the waiting list for two of those miniature pennywell pigs. I can't wait until we can have them

As for the others, i think i will pass!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a crab and a pig. Spiders and snakes seem rather dull, and almost everyone has kept snails before!

ReputationRep:
    I would have a pet pig or two - they are lovely, friendly animals (I work with them), and you can definitely form a good sort of relationship with them.

They are very intelligent (more intelligent than a dog) and always poo in an area away from their bed, so I'm sure they could be house trained. However, I would definitely keep any I had outdoors - it's where they're meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    I've had pet snails, I used to love getting heaps from the garden and putting them in my tank, haha. I would feed them carrot peelings and potato peelings etc and I had loads of rocks and twigs for them. One day 2 of them were mating and then one of them laid eggs but they didn't hatch they just kinda dried up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.