Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello~

Back in April, I was offered a place at Bournemouth Uni, for the Computer Visualization and Animation BAHons course. God knows how I managed it after that induction math test, which they claimed to be "basic mathematics". (The degrees of Cos, Sin, and Tan? Lol whut?)

So, I was wondering if anyone here will be attending, or hopes to be, come September? Even if you're not on the same course, let me know what's going on with you. I'd like to make a few acquaintances before heading off. ;w; I've lived in a small town all my life, so moving up to busy Bournemouth will be a surprise!

I wish you guys all the best. <3

ReputationRep:
    Cos, Sin and Tan is basic maths provided you've only just done your GCSEs and it's all fresh in your mind haha...I can see where you're troubles may be on that.

I'm not going to Bournemouth University at the moment but I am very interested in the MSc Forensic Archaeology: Crime Scene & International Investigation. That would rock my socks. They're got a number of very interesting looking degrees. It just seems a bit out of he way location-wise though.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, yes, very true. 8D; And I had just spent two years in A Level and a year in an art foundation course -- three years without maths. It was a miracle that I could remember how to divide. XD!

I could just about remember how to do sin, cos and tan.. But I had never studied what the degrees were of each of them. oAo; Somehow I guessed the right answers, I think. 8D;; Hurray for good luck!

And wow, that does sound interesting! That's got to be a very intriguing course. Yes, Bournemouth does sport some really good courses, so, if you do consider the University, I wish you all the best. ;w;!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Bournemouth university, to take Leisure Marketing - the first year is a lot of finance which will be a lot of lovely fun numbers.

cos, sin, tan I rmeember these from the gcse days - did you remember or did you revise before you're test?

got your accommodation sorted?

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of us on the forum are heading to (or hoping) for Bournemouth. There are other threads on this sub forum that may be of help to you.

Computer Visualisation:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=905402

General bournemouth applicants thread 09:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=736892

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Bournemouth Uni in September, going to be studying Sports Management, got my conditional offer and accommodation sorted for Cranborne and now its just a case of waiting till I can move in

ReputationRep:
    Heya i'm going Bournemouth!!! Going to be studying Forensic Anthropology and Crime Scene Investigation 8D so hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immz)
    I'm going to Bournemouth Uni in September, going to be studying Sports Management, got my conditional offer and accommodation sorted for Cranborne and now its just a case of waiting till I can move in
    Immz; how come you've got accomodation sorted for Cranbourne already if you've only got a conditional offer? Also, is Cranbourne normally highly booked by second years etc.? I want to go there, but as I've got to wait till Thursday before I can apply I'm worrying that it'll already be full of 2nd/3rd years and I'll have to settle for Lyme Regis...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reason07)
    Immz; how come you've got accomodation sorted for Cranbourne already if you've only got a conditional offer? Also, is Cranbourne normally highly booked by second years etc.? I want to go there, but as I've got to wait till Thursday before I can apply I'm worrying that it'll already be full of 2nd/3rd years and I'll have to settle for Lyme Regis...
    1. 2nd and 3rd years cant apply for halls
    2. Lyme Regis is BRAND NEW this year and the most expensive, you make it sound like Hurn House

ReputationRep:
    To be fair it is quite nice. How much is it a week?

ReputationRep:
    i emailed them, £92.21 a week

ReputationRep:
    I'm going! I'm staying in Cranborne too and I've got an unconditional offer to study Marketing! And I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reason07)
    Whoops, I meant to put unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisNameNowTaken)
    1. 2nd and 3rd years cant apply for halls
    2. Lyme Regis is BRAND NEW this year and the most expensive, you make it sound like Hurn House
    According to my colleagues at the accommodation office, Hurn House actually got the highest marks in the BU student satisfaction survey.

Everyone there has a great time... go figure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenhomhotwok)
    According to my colleagues at the accommodation office, Hurn House actually got the highest marks in the BU student satisfaction survey.

Everyone there has a great time... go figure!
    I was gonna put Hurn as my second option, but thought that sharing a floor with 18 people is too much. Even if it scores highly. In the end I chose Corfe-is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    anyone staying at the student village or doing Events Management? x

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy...
    I'll be study
    Finance with risk management in BU

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys, I'll also be attending the uni in september, Public Relations, and I'm staying at Hurn, even thou we're 18 people on the same floor, still sounds like fun , uhaaaaaaaa can't wait
    anyone else PR?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im going to bournemouth to do occupational therapy, staying in cranbourne
    eek not long now!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.