Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which supermarket is going to be the most accessible to us "car-less students"??

ReputationRep:
    There's a Tesco Express in the centre of town.

But the biggest would be Sainsburys which is also in town, about a 5-10 minute walk away from Halls.

There is also an Iceland opposite the Sainsburys.

Co-op/Costcutter pretty much a minute walk away from the halls.

There's an Aldi's somewhere, but not really for the car-less.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Aldi down past C103s closed? I walked past there in April to get to an exam at a local firm and it was all borded up!

There's a Tescos in town and Sainsburys near by (as said) plus Iceland, there's also a Tesco under Unite halls out past the Cookworthy building - it's a bit further than co-op and cost cutter from most of the halls but it's cheaper and stocks a few more bits (well from what I remember!) I generally go to Tesco or Sainsburys (depending on what I want) but I might look into the home delivery thing in September depending on what I want!

ReputationRep:
    as people have said, tesco express and a medium sized sainsburys in town. But there is a mahoosive sainsburys by the main road out of plymouth, it's not walking distance but im pretty sure you can get a bus there from outside the uni if you wanted to do a big shop.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh you can get the bus out to Derriford hospital which is near Asda I believe, and there is a Morrisons out Plympton way but that you'd need either a bus or car for!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 6, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.