Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know whether they tend to re-recruit xmas temps?

ReputationRep:
    do you mean like if you work there over christmas will they ofer you a job afterwards?? because yes, most places will. if this isn;t what you meant then i'm confused (:

ReputationRep:
    yea they do november to january? you will prob have to contact them first and let them no ur avaliable

ReputationRep:
    Not this early, no. They'll start recruiting from November probably. If you went to get kept on it depends really, noone got kept on when I worked at Marks and spencers in Christmas but I work in a different store now. So just keep your eyes open :P
    And why debenhams? Their pay isn't that brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Give your old line manager a ring and ask if they'll be recruiting anyone and then ask if there's any room for you.

It'll depend on the relationship you had with your line manager previously, if they didn't like you or don't remember you then there's no reason for them to pull any strings and get you back in.

ReputationRep:
    October. That is when I had my interview etc.

ReputationRep:
    They are recruiting for some stores now. My local store (which granted, is yet to open) is offering 4 month temporary contracts alongside permenant contracts.

ReputationRep:
    Note: Feel free to move this mods was not too sure where to put it.

Anyways I have a phone interview with Debenhams tomorrow morning and was just wondering if anybody else has had one before and could give me some tips on what they ask and what they like to hear.

Shall rep+ good advice

Edit: It is only for a christmas temp position atm, 20 hour week and sales assistant job. Don't have any more details

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you're on the phone to the sex line.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what position you're going for to be honest. Give us a few more details I've worked at Debenhams since 2007, have had two interviews ('cause I left, then went back :tongue:) so might be able to help you out :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    Depends what position you're going for to be honest. Give us a few more details I've worked at Debenhams since 2007, have had two interviews ('cause I left, then went back :tongue:) so might be able to help you out :yep:
    It is only for a christmas temp position atm, 20 hour week and sales assistant job. Don't have any more details

It appears you might be a helpful soul to me lol. What are they like to work for anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Inretail are advertising a number of debenhams jobs now.

I went for a 20 h/p week position in stock movement. After about half an hour of questions, I was asked: Do you have retail experience? After answering no, I was told my application had been unsuccessful. What is the point? Why not ask that first?

ReputationRep:
    Jeeez. Looks like I didn't get back to you in time, sorry
    If you ever need any further help with anything, just PM me.

As a company they're not too bad Fair old discount (15% after a months's service, increasing to 25% after a year), which is nice, plus local company discounts, arranged with other businesses in the local area. We get discounts with Thomas Cook, Specsavers, RAC... but I think that varies from store to store.

Admin's generally good. Never had any major trouble with pay - and any screw ups were rectified nearly instantly.

There's a bit of pressure on you to get "accounts" (get people to open store cards), which is a tad irritating, 'cause manager's can sometimes get really arsey - but I'd say that's my only complaint

Let's put it this way - I was there a good while before I left. Then I went back :tongue: You don't do that with a bad company.

ReputationRep:
    Bullring Debenhams have recruitment open days for Xmas temps on the 4/5/6th September...

I was really lucky to be honest, I applied for a Food Services Advisor vacancy which was temporary in the self service restaurant, but have been offered a permanant contract in a better department! Whey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkdonut)
    Bullring Debenhams have recruitment open days for Xmas temps on the 4/5/6th September...

I was really lucky to be honest, I applied for a Food Services Advisor vacancy which was temporary in the self service restaurant, but have been offered a permanant contract in a better department! Whey!
    How long did they take to contact you about that? I had an interview for that same role last Wednesday and haven't been contacted yet Gah...

ReputationRep:
    whah! i wanted to work at there sure a nice shop lol.

ReputationRep:
    Do Christmas temps at Debenhams get paid weekly or monthly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaud52245)
    Do Christmas temps at Debenhams get paid weekly or monthly?
    Last Friday of every month

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.