Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are women who get touched up 'harrassed' yet men who do 'lucky' unless it's a Gay Watch

ReputationRep:
    To cut a long story short, I was out running 4AM before work(don't ask) ... saturday morning and I got pounced on by five or six drunken 'ladies' and touched up. I have to say I quite enjoyed the experience. Wish I stopped.

Anyways mate of mine was like you lucky lucky man.Should have given them all a portion. But if it was a girl running on her own and a load of blokes felt up her privates.Her mates would be making her cups of tea the Police might even be mentioned.

Now if I went to the cops because lets face it, it's probably an assault.The coppers would want to know the street so it could happen to them too. It's not the first time I have been hassled by women when out training and it seems some women think it's okay to do that.

Now heres the thing.If a man did that I would be quite within my rights to be outraged. And I reckon the coppers would take it serious. We don't want predatory Gays roaming the streets do we. Just think what with giving women the vote letting them work and stuff they are turning into blokes.Actually worse than blokes because they are more likely to get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    It won't stop until the day men start complaining about packs of women touching them up.

And that day will never come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    It won't stop until the day men start complaining about packs of women touching them up.

And that day will never come.
    let them do it, get witnesses, complain, and sue them.

win win.

Reminds me of that South Park episode where Ike gets congratulated by all the males adults for supposedly getting into a sexual relationship with his kindergarten teacher.

"Niiiice"

ReputationRep:
    if a guy came over and did that to me, i WOULD mind if he was middle aged and unnatractive, but if he was good looking then i'd play along with it, like you did.
    it's just a bit of fun to me, you're right though, some women are complete hypocrites!

ReputationRep:
    So you weren't actually bothered about it then?

If you are bothered, go to thee ******* cops instead of dragging your buttocks to TSR to invent ******* fairy stories about what you are convinced "would have happened".

Just think what with giving women the vote letting them work and stuff they are turning into blokes.
    Change the goddamned record already

ReputationRep:
    Surely this is mostly due to male attitudes, not female attitudes?

ReputationRep:
    It depends if the attention is welcome or not. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    if a guy came over and did that to me, i WOULD mind if he was middle aged and unnatractive, but if he was good looking then i'd play along with it, like you did.
    it's just a bit of fun to me, you're right though, some women are complete hypocrites!
    We aren't talking about a pub or club here though.You are out running early morning on your own. It's still a bit dark. And a group of young men touched you up.

You sure you'd play along? Now I did like it it was only a bit annoying because it slowed me down to almost a stop as I didn't want to knock them down and they were kind of falling over each other. But it does seem like men are open season for some women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    To cut a long story short [...] Just think what with giving women the vote letting them work and stuff they are turning into blokes.
    Absolutely love it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Now heres the thing.If a man did that I would be quite within my rights to be outraged. And I reckon the coppers would take it serious. We don't want predatory Gays roaming the streets do we. Just think what with giving women the vote letting them work and stuff they are turning into blokes.Actually worse than blokes because they are more likely to get away with it.
    What? We get it... You have an inferiority complex and want all of us to think you're some sort of God. I might have bought it if you weren't such a bigot. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    Surely this is mostly due to male attitudes, not female attitudes?
    I think it's both. I think some women know they can get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's both. I think some women know they can get away with it.
    I agree, but I don't think guys can complain they won't be taken seriously when most guys would have the 'lucky' response. They've let themselves down tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    What? We get it... You have an inferiority complex and want all of us to think you're some sort of God. I might have bought it if you weren't such a bigot. :cool:
    Ah come on, you think a group of geezer birds wouldn't try it on with a runner?

I don't think it really mattered much how I looked to be honest they were very drunk.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    they were very drunk.
    I'll buy that :p:!

Edit: Sorry, but seriously, tone down on the homophobia/sexism shizzle, soooo unattractive lol.

ReputationRep:
    To cut a long story short, I was out running 4AM before work(don't ask) ... saturday morning and I got pounced on by five or six drunken 'ladies' and touched up. I have to say I quite enjoyed the experience. Wish I stopped.

Anyways mate of mine was like you lucky lucky man.Should have given them all a portion. But if it was a girl running on her own and a load of blokes felt up her privates.Her mates would be making her cups of tea the Police might even be mentioned.

Now if I went to the cops because lets face it, it's probably an assault.The coppers would want to know the street so it could happen to them too. It's not the first time I have been hassled by women when out training and it seems some women think it's okay to do that.

just out of curiousity, what street was this?

ReputationRep:
    We aren't talking about a pub or club here though.You are out running early morning on your own. It's still a bit dark. And a group of young men touched you up.

You sure you'd play along? Now I did like it it was only a bit annoying because it slowed me down to almost a stop as I didn't want to knock them down and they were kind of falling over each other. But it does seem like men are open season for some women.
    if it was just a quick grope and they left then i'd play along/laugh it off, i get very touchy feely when i'm drunk so i accept that others do it too.
    i have been approached by drunken men when out jogging and just laughed it off, but this was in daylight. i obviously can't say exactly how i'd respond, but given my normal response to a grope, i'd laugh and go.
    if they seemed aggressive or a bit TOO touchy then i'd get annoyed (sounds like this is what the women you encountered were like?), i don't blame you for being annoyed if you were busy, you must have had that 'sweaty person glow', us women just can't resist!

how come you wouldn't report them? it is harrassment, i reckon a lot of my female friends would report it if it happened to them.

ReputationRep:
    Women get away with it because of people like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    Reminds me of that South Park episode where Ike gets congratulated by all the males adults for supposedly getting into a sexual relationship with his kindergarten teacher.

"Niiiice"
    i was just thinking this.

Niiiiccee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    if it was just a quick grope and they left then i'd play along/laugh it off, i get very touchy feely when i'm drunk so i accept that others do it too.
    i have been approached by drunken men when out jogging and just laughed it off, but this was in daylight. i obviously can't say exactly how i'd respond, but given my normal response to a grope, i'd laugh and go.
    if they seemed aggressive or a bit TOO touchy then i'd get annoyed (sounds like this is what the women you encountered were like?), i don't blame you for being annoyed if you were busy, you must have had that 'sweaty person glow', us women just can't resist!

how come you wouldn't report them? it is harrassment, i reckon a lot of my female friends would report it if it happened to them.
    Because I kind of enjoyed it,it earns you man points and also I might know one of the women,and she seriously doesn't behave like that normally,always waves and says hello when she's out gardening. It just annoyed me because I was trying to beat my time and afterwards I couldn't focus that well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.