Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    used a tampon for the first time. Sorry for all the continuous posts about this.

But anyway, i used it and apart from the fact that it took 3 tries and i was shaking and crying it eventually worked. I used tampax the one with the plastic applicator. It didn't hurt at all it worked perfectly fine.

The only problem is is that i can sort of feel it. Just a teeny bit. I feel like its a bit low down but i couldn't push it up. I can't feel it that much not enough to annoy me as such but i know that if u can feel it then its not up high enough.

Is this a major problem or do i just push it up with slightly more force and higher next time?

All in all, thanks everyone who posted on previous threads because i was bloody terrified but i'm so happy now that its worked thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try smaller ones?? Lil Lets or something might be more comfy, at least until your more used to them. And well done you for getting over your fear!!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you push the applicator up until it clicks?
    and when you insert it, point it towards your lower back and push it as far as feels comfortable but well done for giving it a go, it can be pretty scary

You might have pointed it straight up instead of at an angle. Aim up-back, towards your lower back. It will take a few tries to get the right sort of angle
    Well done, btw.

ReputationRep:
    right....... O.o

ReputationRep:
    Wait til you know you have a slightly heavier flow.... then it's more lubricated, and you'll be able to push it up more

sorry for graphic-ness....

ReputationRep:
    If you are not happy with wear it is just take it out and reinserting another one, also try using the smaller ones first.
    Well done.

ReputationRep:
    I had the exact same experience, don't worry. It was even the same tampon brand and type

Anyway, you'll probably be able to do it the second time easily. It just takes a bit of practice. Don't worry about it, and well done for going for it!

ReputationRep:
    You didn't leave the plastic case on, did you?

ReputationRep:
    that. feels. painful

ReputationRep:
    Don't be scared to push it up as far as you can - it's not getting into your womb anyhow. I hate it when I don't push it up far enough, I almost scream everytime I sit down.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell were you "shaking and crying". Jesus, it's plugging a hole, not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    It took me a few tries to get it to feel right, if you know what I mean. Just make sure you have pushed it far enough in. Use the smaller ones at first.
    Well done

I remember the first time I did this I was 13 and on holiday I had only started menstruating a few months before but I really wanted to go for a swim in the pool. Anyway I remember it really hurt as I was still a virgin and hadn't inserted anything up there before. Probably wasn't getting the angle right either. Ignore any ****** comments on here. It does become something you barely think about.

ReputationRep:
    If not mentioned already wait until a heavyish day to try them. Easier to insert. It's not a major problem, if it's annoying you try relaxing and putting a new one in. Start with a lower absorbancy then you need maybe - it will be smaller. Wear a liner or pad if you're worried about misjudging the absorbancy you need and when to change it.

ReputationRep:
    I use the Tampax Tampons. I always push the tampon right in until the applicator comes out in 2 pieces (if u see what i mean)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Noo, fortunately i'm not that stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Is it only me who finds it slightly creepy that you know how to use a tampon? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why the hell were you "shaking and crying". Jesus, it's plugging a hole, not rocket science.
    Um, actually, not meaning to sound melodramatic but surprisingly its not exactly an enjoyable experience the first time. If you read around a bit, i'm sure you'd find out that a lot of girls are extremely nervous the first time, regardless of the fact thats its not "rocket science". Also, yes it may be just "plugging a hole" but its also incredibly uncomfortable if its not done correctly AND unfortunately there can be very serious consequences too if not used correctly. (TSS). Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    thats what i was thinking :eek:

There can be serious consequences if you go out for a walk. If you put it in wrong your not going to suddenly explode or anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.