Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anonymous or delete
    Is anyone else feeling like this at the moment?

my 4 closest friends all have long term boyrfriends. Im happy they are happy but its also so depressing for me that i don't. When im with my friends they will talk about their bfs and text them when we are hanging out, and it reminds me of the fact that i don't have someone like that. My last boyfriend treated me like crap, he wouldn't even see his friends a little less to see me more, he hardly made any effort with me and dumped me at first hurdle. It seem's that no matter what im always the less important one. With ym boyfriends, their friends come first, and with my friends, their bfs are more important.

All the men i have dated have treated me badly in one way or another, (looks like i go after the wrong men). Its just really getting me down that i have never had anyone who has treated me really well yet everyone around me has.

On top of that my family are constantly dragging me down. My family has always had lots of arguments, like everyday and now i seem to be in a constant state of being annoyed and down. My sister and my dad have problems and she yells and argues with him about the same stuff as she has done for years. My brother treats my mum like crap and she just takes it. There is a constant battle and 2 sides. My mum and sister vs. my dad and brother and im sick of being piggy in the middle listening to all these arguments and feelings the after effects when im not even involved.

I feel like i have no-one :-(

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when my friends text their boyfriend constantly when they're with me, it really gets on my boobs, so I always just stop talking when they text. They get the hint. But you do need to talk to them, of if you don't wanna do that, ask them to just see you more, arrange more things to do together. Have you got to know your mates boyfs? It will be easier for you to see them more if their boyfs can be involved too, and you never know, they might have a nice mate they can bring along for you

Family problems suck, its a fact. Try talking to whoever you're closest too, they might not realise how its affecting you.

Good luck with it all, pm me in future if u want x

(Original post by Jellynubbin)
    I hate it when my friends text their boyfriend constantly when they're with me, it really gets on my boobs, so I always just stop talking when they text. They get the hint. But you do need to talk to them, of if you don't wanna do that, ask them to just see you more, arrange more things to do together. Have you got to know your mates boyfs? It will be easier for you to see them more if their boyfs can be involved too, and you never know, they might have a nice mate they can bring along for you

Family problems suck, its a fact. Try talking to whoever you're closest too, they might not realise how its affecting you.

Good luck with it all, pm me in future if u want x
    3 of my friends dont see their bf that much as they are in a LTR. Its just the fact they talk about them and text them sometimes when i am with them it just makes me realise how alone i am.. I was out for my bday the other day and 2 different friends actually were talking at the table about their bfs and then about our other friend who had a bf.. im happy for them but i really dont want to hear about it. That sounds really bad, i think its the fact that the only people i have is my family and they just always make me miserable.

I was in a relationship for 2 years with this guy, he went to uni and completely neglected me, he dumped me over the phone and always chose his friends over me and was always too busy with them. He didn't care less about me, and he was horrible. My next bf, was a bit of a **** to begin with so i found it a bit hard to trust him when i got in a relationship, and i remember once we had a fight and i wanted to sort it out with him, i asked when could we sort it out on the friday and he just said 'well im busy for the next few days so maybe not til monday'.. i lived really close to him so he could have easily taken like 20 mins out of his time or whatever to sort it out but he made no effort coz he was busy seeing his friends..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    3 of my friends dont see their bf that much as they are in a LTR. Its just the fact they talk about them and text them sometimes when i am with them it just makes me realise how alone i am.. I was out for my bday the other day and 2 different friends actually were talking at the table about their bfs and then about our other friend who had a bf.. im happy for them but i really dont want to hear about it. That sounds really bad, i think its the fact that the only people i have is my family and they just always make me miserable.

I was in a relationship for 2 years with this guy, he went to uni and completely neglected me, he dumped me over the phone and always chose his friends over me and was always too busy with them. He didn't care less about me, and he was horrible. My next bf, was a bit of a **** to begin with so i found it a bit hard to trust him when i got in a relationship, and i remember once we had a fight and i wanted to sort it out with him, i asked when could we sort it out on the friday and he just said 'well im busy for the next few days so maybe not til monday'.. i lived really close to him so he could have easily taken like 20 mins out of his time or whatever to sort it out but he made no effort coz he was busy seeing his friends..
    If they make you this miserable, sounds like time to make new friends?
    If you don't wanna be in a relationship fair enough, it was just a suggestion guys can be losers, but then again so can we!
    Good luck.

(Original post by Jellynubbin)
    If they make you this miserable, sounds like time to make new friends?
    If you don't wanna be in a relationship fair enough, it was just a suggestion guys can be losers, but then again so can we!
    Good luck.
    Maybe i will try and get some single friends...
    I don't know if i want a relationship, i can't get a decent boyfriend. I just hate feeling like im always the one with no boyfriend and am less than everyone else..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i will try and get some single friends...
    I don't know if i want a relationship, i can't get a decent boyfriend. I just hate feeling like im always the one with no boyfriend and am less than everyone else..
    Being single in no way makes you a lesser person, vast majority of my friends are single and they are amazing :yes:

ReputationRep:
    at least u got 4 close mates

ReputationRep:
    its a little bit like that when i go clubbing. if some guy starts grinding with the girl im dancing with, Im kinda just dancing with...well myself. Does feel a little bit weird, and end up having to wait my turn for a guy to come up to me.

mehh....alls fair in love and war

ReputationRep:
    God, I must be really lucky - I'm the only single one of my friends but I'm always seeing them, going out to clubs with them, I forget I'm the singleton, they're also happy to chat to guys so I get to meet new guys whenever I go out. Maybe try and meet some new people??

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't select your friends based on their relationship status, try talking to your friends first.

(Original post by Heir-Head)
    You shouldn't select your friends based on their relationship status, try talking to your friends first.
    its not like i deliberately make friends with only the ones with boyfriends

ReputationRep:
    its not like i deliberately make friends with only the ones with boyfriends
    Even if they do have boyfriends, good friends shouldn't make you feel like a spare part or spend all their time texting when they're with you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.