Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to bangor, what is it like, is it as remote and small as people say?? :confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derecho)
    Has anyone been to bangor, what is it like, is it as remote and small as people say?? :confused :confused:

yes i was in it about three months ago its pretty pathetic!
    where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    im from southampton, what do you mean by pathetic??

ReputationRep:
    it's crap banger. my next door neighbour goes there and she hates it.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any reasons why?

ReputationRep:
    why do u want to know so badly

ReputationRep:
    i am wondering whether it is worth applying there,

ReputationRep:
    Theirs not really much to it well you mite think its okay when you get their. You r talkin bout the bangor in N.Ireland?

ReputationRep:
    no, im talking about the one in wales, lol, ps like you pic shaneen

ReputationRep:
    What religion r you?

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    why?

ReputationRep:
    Okay so you arent talkin about bangor in ireland then or was u bein serious u confused me with the lol
    ps dnt take the piss outta me im avin a blonde moment

ReputationRep:
    ive been to the bangor in wales (next to anglesea) i was in the hospital when i got a foot infection

ReputationRep:
    Bangor university wales, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    no never been there sorry you should of been more specific at the start well ny way good luck sry i wasted yer time

ReputationRep:
    I've have an offer from there for psychology. I haven't seen it yet, but I actually hope it is nice and small and remote as it's what I'm looking for.

ReputationRep:
    I live in north west wales and go to Bangor often. It's a dump. It's okay if you want to go there to study sports because its got excellent facilities and is the 2nd best in the UK. I've applied to go there but its my very last option.

Its got a good nightlife and there are quite a few shops i.e topshop, boots, debenhams, etc. etc. But since I live quite near, its too close. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Visit an open day, then you can see for yourself what it's like.

ReputationRep:
    My friend did accountancy banking and finance there and liked it. She ended up with a good job in insurance too so its not all bad.
    If you want a small uni which has a contained social life it is the place for you. If you are a party animal I wouldnt bother. It isnt as bad as some of the people in these forums say.
    I think that most of the unis in the uiniversity of wales with the exception of Cardiff and Swansea (which is because they are in cities) have lower entry grades which gives people the impression that they are crap but the entry grades are to attract more people because people get put off by the isolated locations.
    Bangor is good for sports and some other subjects
    Aber is very good for politics, English, Law and probably some other subjects that I cant think of right now.
    Check out the virgin alternative uni guide because this gives quite accurate reviews of the smaller unis.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.