Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - would it put you off if your boyfriend wasn't very 'manly'...? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Aww more :hugs: needed! Dw, my ex cancelled his date with me, because not one could make it out and he de-invited me to the prom :mad: So know how you feel, I felt ***** for a week after the break up!
    We broke up 2 months ago. Still feel crap

Helped a lot by the fact that when I saw him for the first time after we broke up he kept trying to hug and kiss me and in the end I just gave in and let him. Same thing happened the next time I saw him and eventually I started wanting him again and invited him to come stay at my house and he then decided to change his mind and didn't 'want to start wanting me again' or want me to start wanting him again. So basically forced himself on me till I wanted him and then changed his mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    We broke up 2 months ago. Still feel crap

Helped a lot by the fact that when I saw him for the first time after we broke up he kept trying to hug and kiss me and in the end I just gave in and let him. Same thing happened the next time I saw him and eventually I started wanting him again and invited him to come stay at my house and he then decided to change his mind and didn't 'want to start wanting me again' or want me to start wanting him again. So basically forced himself on me till I wanted him and then changed his mind!
    He was playing with your emotions, enjoying the power... tbh I wouldn't give them the satification!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How does he do that?
    i don't know really.. just silly little things like kissing me on the nose.

makes me still feel girly when i'd otherwise feel like his sister when being nerdy and stuff! also the way he hugs me when i'm upset, it just makes me feel protected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    I agree you should always wear a condom, unless you know they are clean and they are on contraception. Unless ofcourse you are trying for children.

Men should not be obligated to raise children they don;t want, if we have equal rights men should have the right to shun parental including financial responsibilty just as women have that option.
    I am sorry calling someone a boy for not wanting to pay a large sum of his money for the next 18 years of his life for a child he did not want and had no choice in is ridiculous, girls have a choice whether they want the child or not... men in present society have no choice and this needs to be resolved. Atleast if we claim to ahve equal rights.

You will find boys lag behind girls and the only response appears to be ''girls are fnatastic and smarter than boys''. Were this situation reversed feminists would be outraged. This just proves feminists don;t want equal rights but infact special rights.

How is sleeping around being proud of your sexuality thats just being a ****. Not all women are feminists just the worst ones. Most women these days are sluts, i call it the 'sex and the city' generation. I hate women like this and i hate the fact many of them will go onto have irresponsible children my tax money will have to raise.

I havent said all women are feminists or ****s, but there are not many quality women left. Infact i would suggest if you wanted a decent woman perhaps you would have to look to other countries.
    I think the rules around contraception are too lax; I think it should be compulsary in all cases for women from the age of sixteen to be on the pill and for all men from then to carry condoms with them (and women too, but, then again we get labelled as being '****s' for carrying them) and unless you are in a secure relationship or the woman says so, condoms are then not necessary. After all, it may just ruin the sensation for you, but one of your sperm gets into her egg, then her life may be ruined, so you know...you can't take take take in all situations.

Women don't really have many choices when it comes to children. I mean a young woman who accidentally gets pregnant only really has two options: abortion (which is obviously controversial, not all women are pro-choice and even those who are still suffer as a result) or they can keep it. Which essentially stops a woman from being able to achieve her full potential in life. Unless her role in life was to become a mother, then I suppose she's done it, but as I said to Emmie, I'm a firm believer that children should be raised in 2 parent families.

Men don't have any particularly difficult choices to make. They want to do the right thing and stand by a woman, fair enough good on them. But other than that they just get to leave and have nothing to do with the mother or their child. Which I think is wrong.

If we need to have equal rights I say, both men and women stupid enough to not use contraceptives or are not careful enough and have an unwanted pregnancy on their hands: you both by law have to raise it together. Both have to work hard, pay taxes and make your own way in the world rather than single mothers feeding off tax payers and men neglecting their responsibility (your child, your responsibilty, you can't expect tax payers to look after your child or anyone else for that matter)

I never said that women should be proud of sleeping around. Far from it, no one should be proud of disrespecting not only themselves but their multiple partners by sleeping around. Stop putting words into my mouth. Being proud of your sexuality has nothing at all to do with promiscuity.

Uhm, since when did I say that being proud of ones sexuality has anything at all to do with promiscuity? Stop putting words into my mouth. There is a huge difference between being proud of being an independent and successful woman and being a woman who sleeps around. Again, stop grouping women together in one group, you just sound like a ****.

There are plenty of women in the UK who are happy with their sexuality but don't feel the need to sleep around, just as there are plenty of men. I think in order for YOU to find a decent woman, you wouldn't have to look in a different country at all, you'd have to take a hard long look at yourself and contemplate why you hate women so much and feel the need to stereotype us and group us all into the same section in spite of the fact that we're all different.

How has my thread become a big debate about feminism? *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Not very very manly, there's always something cute about being boyish and soft.

But they do have to be manly to a certain extent :love:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm a girl so biased :p:

I agree they are both to blame, but they are too young. What about the morning after pill? She hasn't got to look forward to know...

And yes, I agree with you, to a extent. I also think children should be bought up in a stable loving environment, however, if I baby needs to be aborted for one reason or another, it should be. Since it's man's way of a miscarriage, I think it's ricilious (sp?) that religion is against it. But I can see why you're for it.
    The morning after pill is excellent, but according to the proffesionals, if you take it more than once it loses its effectiveness. So in a case where neither party used contraceptive - which could happen in a heat of the moment thing - its excellent but for prolonged use, not really. But I do see your point, and a lot of women seem to forget its available to them. I did to be honest, until you mentioned it.

I'm pro-choice and would definitely consider abortion if I got pregnant in the near future, but I also wouldn't take it lightly as some people do. I hear people go 'oh well if I get pregnant I'll just have an abortion' like its that easy. My ex said that if his new girlfriend ever got pregnant, she could 'just' have an abortion...where do people get the idea that its such an easy option. I think that a lot of religious people seem to forget that its a huge deal for the woman involved too. THey think about a chld that isn't even born but don't think of a woman's personal struggle at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    The morning after pill is excellent, but according to the proffesionals, if you take it more than once it loses its effectiveness. So in a case where neither party used contraceptive - which could happen in a heat of the moment thing - its excellent but for prolonged use, not really. But I do see your point, and a lot of women seem to forget its available to them. I did to be honest, until you mentioned it.

I'm pro-choice and would definitely consider abortion if I got pregnant in the near future, but I also wouldn't take it lightly as some people do. I hear people go 'oh well if I get pregnant I'll just have an abortion' like its that easy. My ex said that if his new girlfriend ever got pregnant, she could 'just' have an abortion...where do people get the idea that its such an easy option. I think that a lot of religious people seem to forget that its a huge deal for the woman involved too. THey think about a chld that isn't even born but don't think of a woman's personal struggle at all.
    You deserve a positive rep... which I gave away It's true, it's hard being a woman, rights, babies, periods, e.t.c :p:

Most girls don't seem to mind that they're boyfriends don't look overly manly - interesting.

ReputationRep:
    As a male I ASPIRE for the manly look - a good idol of mine is Daniel Craig. I love his look but unfortunately I wasn't gifted with blue eyes. In the mean time I body build and get the muscle going and my girlfriend seems to love it, i suppose you could call me and her the "stereotypical" couple with the girl being smaller and slender and the guy being larger and bulkier.

ReputationRep:
    I love the swimmer look :coma:

But, yeah, you could stand up for a girl too, by backing her up, or telling off a rude guy..and true
    I've heard that from a few girls ... Must finish learning to swim!

ReputationRep:
    I imagine this boils down to the divide between being masculine and being macho - the former being desirable and the latter being too much. Most girls are going to prefer a guy who's bigger than them and reasonably strong, who will protect them if they need it and be emotionally strong for them in difficult situations, but they aren't going to want a guy who is incapable of expressing emotion and who goes looking for a fight with anyone who looks at her.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think it should be compulsary in all cases for women from the age of sixteen to be on the pill

Wow.

That is shocking.

Are you being serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Why should a man be the knight in shining armour for women with a child from another man. This is another thing i dislike about feminists (well the middle class female teachers who dominate our schools) it pushes the notion particularly to young boys that their job in life is to please women. Men need to look after their own interests aswell.

I think men are not given the right to decide whether they want a child or not, women can have an abortion men have no place to decide whether they want the child aborted or not and they have no way or relinquishing financial ties to a child they didn't want. Men should have the right within a few weeks of hearing they have conceived a baby to reject financial responsibility to the child much like women do.

Which also brings me onto another point...we see women earning elss than men and it is a huge deal, but when boys perform worse in schools than girls its a great stride forward and we learn afterall girls are better than boys..... what? Surely we should be addressing this inbalance or discrimination in schools?

Feminism is man-hating, you appear to just want equal rights between men and women whereas feminism is the aim of geting extra rights for women often at the expense of men. Thats a fact.

Any woman who hates men has probably got some psychological issues.
    This is not at all what feminism is about. Perhaps you should spend some time reading articles etc. on the subject. 'Feminism is the radical notion that women are people'-Cheris Kramare. In other words, it is about the emancipation of women, giving the same freedom of choice as a man. of course we want extra rights on top of the ones we already have: we are currently at a disadvantage. That's a fact

I am a feminist. I do not hate men. I do not hate marriage, I do not think men have an obligation to look after women instead of themselves. You are being far too close-minded on the subject.

However, what you are saying is that you don't like it when men are expected to take responsibility for their actions. This is just the sort of attitude which makes men and women unequal. When we have a child we can't just up-and-leave it. Many women are forced to leave their jobs and suddenly, they are drowning under the weight of the situation. How is it fair that a man can just walk away from a situation guilt-free and judgement-free yet a woman is forced into a (metaphorical)prison?

And in terms of abortion, the psychological damage which can be caused by it far outweighs the financial worries caused by pregnancy and having an unexpected child. Women never get away scot-free

And on the subject of under-performers in school, that is irrelevant. All children in school get support when they are falling behind regardless of gender.

I think you should read the male privelege checklist: http://www.facebook.com/s.php?ref=se...5965778&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and more to the topic: Personally, I love that my boyfriend cried when i went on week's work experience in France and that when he's with me, he can be a soppy romantice. However, I also love that when I'm upset or worried, he is totally there for me and will pick me up/generally exert masculinity. I enjoy having a protector and somebody I can protect, it makes a nice equally balanced relationship. I'm guessing that this is different for everyone but I'm just greedy and like a bit of both worlds

ReputationRep:
    I think the rules around contraception are too lax; I think it should be compulsary in all cases for women from the age of sixteen to be on the pill and for all men from then to carry condoms with them (and women too, but, then again we get labelled as being '****s' for carrying them) and unless you are in a secure relationship or the woman says so, condoms are then not necessary. After all, it may just ruin the sensation for you, but one of your sperm gets into her egg, then her life may be ruined, so you know...you can't take take take in all situations.

Women don't really have many choices when it comes to children. I mean a young woman who accidentally gets pregnant only really has two options: abortion (which is obviously controversial, not all women are pro-choice and even those who are still suffer as a result) or they can keep it. Which essentially stops a woman from being able to achieve her full potential in life. Unless her role in life was to become a mother, then I suppose she's done it, but as I said to Emmie, I'm a firm believer that children should be raised in 2 parent families.

Men don't have any particularly difficult choices to make. They want to do the right thing and stand by a woman, fair enough good on them. But other than that they just get to leave and have nothing to do with the mother or their child. Which I think is wrong.

If we need to have equal rights I say, both men and women stupid enough to not use contraceptives or are not careful enough and have an unwanted pregnancy on their hands: you both by law have to raise it together. Both have to work hard, pay taxes and make your own way in the world rather than single mothers feeding off tax payers and men neglecting their responsibility (your child, your responsibilty, you can't expect tax payers to look after your child or anyone else for that matter)

I never said that women should be proud of sleeping around. Far from it, no one should be proud of disrespecting not only themselves but their multiple partners by sleeping around. Stop putting words into my mouth. Being proud of your sexuality has nothing at all to do with promiscuity.

Uhm, since when did I say that being proud of ones sexuality has anything at all to do with promiscuity? Stop putting words into my mouth. There is a huge difference between being proud of being an independent and successful woman and being a woman who sleeps around. Again, stop grouping women together in one group, you just sound like a ****.

There are plenty of women in the UK who are happy with their sexuality but don't feel the need to sleep around, just as there are plenty of men. I think in order for YOU to find a decent woman, you wouldn't have to look in a different country at all, you'd have to take a hard long look at yourself and contemplate why you hate women so much and feel the need to stereotype us and group us all into the same section in spite of the fact that we're all different.

I agree i think all women should be coiled until the age of 18 i don;t want to pay for your ******** children so you can get a free house etc... Teenage girls are a nuisance.

Women have two choices when it comes to babies.... men have one and outside of that theya re obligated by law to make a financial contribution to a baby they have no choice in. Men should have the right to opt out of financial responsibility to a baby just as women can choose to abort a baby.

Lets just say for example, we slept together and the condom split... you got pregnant. You could choose to keep that baby even though i'd want it aborted and i would be forced by law to financially support a child i did not want with a woman i don't want to be with for 18 years. Lets not also forget if i did want the child you would still have a lot more weight in the civil courts to keep custody of the child whether or not you are the best aprent for the child. Judging by our course choices i will be much wealthier than you and i should really get custody.

Being proud of your sexuality is being promiscious.... after all when you go to a club and the song promisiious girl comes on all the ****s start singing along and end up in a mans bed they don't even know.

Only women would be proud of being independant, what a pathetic value to be proud of, everyone should have the means of being independant. This just further builds my hate for the 'sex and the city' modern woman. They are worthless.

I think in this day and age if you want a good woman, who will make a good wife and mother, you will have to look for women from other countries.... Asian women appear to be the best women. Otherwise you will have to watch out for her herpes outbreaks.

I don;t hate women, i just hate the new post-feminist mdoern woman, the type of women who is proud of the amount of men she sleeps with, is known for being loud and aggressive, is proud of her many tattoos, brags about how fast she downs a pint, snorts coke, considers childrena curse, can't cook, wont look after her man etc

They are disgusting savages and i'd happily see them punished or destroyed.

I'd also like to dispell the myth that feminism has given women higher ambition. The fact is feminism has made women much lazier. A woman can compete for a job with me, she may not have as good qualifications as me but the employer could choose her simply because the feminist Harman has said that employers can discriminate in favour of worse women. Another issue is a woman who may be planning a hiatus from work could get a job over me when i would not take a hiatus of the same length.
    If i worked in an enviroment where i had the ability to make my employer money such as finance etc i could earn my company lots of money and the feminist influenced government would still expect a worse performing woman to gain the same pay as me.

Feminism is making women lazier. Sure they are studying more and earning more but we have to question what subjects are they really studying for example you study english lit whereas i study mech eng and then we have to question are they earning more or are they just making more money for doing no more.

Feminism is a disease.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm while my boyfriend certainly looks manly, having stubble, not skinny but quite broad and over 6 foot tall, he's not at all personality-wise and to be honest, it IS getting to me. I know i shouldn't be so harsh but silly little things such as him crossing his legs like a woman does, having such a girly laugh and and a weird bouncy walk like a little girl would have, really gets to me lol.

To all girls who say it doesn't put you off - subconsciously it does put you off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.