Turn on thread page Beta

Just about to use my epilator for the first time!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Eek! I'm scared now! But I'm excited! Any last tips?

I'm epilating my legs, do you reckon I should do my bikini line as well?

It's the green Braun Silk-epil Xpressive very sleek and sexy and got really good reviews on Amazon.

Oh and where do you buy pre-epilation wipes for when I run out? Any favoured brands?

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ice. You need a pack of frozen peas.

This will not help but my friend did it the first time without ice to numb the pain she screamed and cried. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    good luck, i'm still too chicken to try

ReputationRep:
    Let me know how it goes, please. I ordered one today!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon by the time you have done your legs you definitely WON'T be wanting to do your bikini line. Please let us know how it goes...good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i use it to do my bikini line, but i used to have it waxed so the hairs were pretty fine. if you've never had a bikini wax, i wouldn't advise it!
    good luck, the armpits were the worst for me. oh and the pre-eppilation wipes i've never used, i don't see the point in them really, you can buy creams from pharmacies that numb the pain slightly, if i remember names i'll let you know

just had a check, the wipes aren't in boots, amazon or argos atm, but they can be bought from ebay. there's loads of powersellers selling them so you've nothing to worry about with security etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ah.Cheesecake.)
    Eek! I'm scared now! But I'm excited! Any last tips?

I'm epilating my legs, do you reckon I should do my bikini line as well?

It's the green Braun Silk-epil Xpressive very sleek and sexy and got really good reviews on Amazon.

Oh and where do you buy pre-epilation wipes for when I run out? Any favoured brands?

It will hurt like a biiaatcchh. i had one wen i was 15 and i used it on one line once on my leg and ive never used it since, veet hair removal all they way!

p.s. dont use it on ur bikini line if its ur first time using it, high chance of tears xx:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    OMG. OUCH!!!! Let me knowhow it goes.. I'm still chicken to use mine!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    HOLD THE SKIN TAUT. It WILL hurt if you don't. I wouldn't recommend your bikini line if it's your first time. Ice can help. Pain will decrease over time & epilators are excellent for underarms I find.

ReputationRep:
    i love my epilator! but i reccomemd only epilating your legs and underarms. make suure you exfoliate beforehand to miminise the chance of ingrowing hairs. and don't just epilate straight up like you would if you were shaving- go over the same area and slowly work your way up- that way it hurts much less. your first time will hurt by the way but dont let it put you off- the second time hurts much much less!

ReputationRep:
    i love mine! it hurts the first time but over time it doesnt. I dont have any pain using mine anymore

ReputationRep:
    Ah its not that bad!! I'm a wuss and I can handle it.

ReputationRep:
    I found epilating my bikini line was less painful than epilating my thighs. Underarms are the worst though, I couldn't finish!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, ive wiped my legs with the wipes, held my skin taut, and gone for it! round of applause please it feels like im being zapped with little electric things but it gets easier ive only done a little bit though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ah.Cheesecake.)
    Ok, ive wiped my legs with the wipes, held my skin taut, and gone for it! round of applause please it feels like im being zapped with little electric things but it gets easier ive only done a little bit though....
    I once used my mums one.. and it was so noisy and that scared me.. and I hated the vibrating feeling it was giving my hand .. and it also really hurt.

You must be brave to want to try to do you bikini line :p:

ReputationRep:
    did u finish both legs?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.