Turn on thread page Beta

Ok, so there's a guy, who I was really good friends with, we used to chat all the time, meet up, have a laugh together, all was good. People used to joke about how we'd make a good couple, and I fancied him, but he had a gf so I accepted that, and did nothing about it. Recently however, when we're on msn and that, I felt like he wasn't making any effort in our conversations, and like i was making all the effort, so I gave up talking to him, hoping that he would realise and make the effort, but he just hasn't. Now we can both be on msn all day long and not talk, whereas before it wouldnt be more than 10 minutes. I have no idea what happened, because I honestly can't think of a reason why he would be ignoring me, and I don't really wanna ask cs it could get kinda awkward.
    So I wondered, what do you all make of this. Sorry for the essay btw

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like one of those situations where there is no real reason for it to be happening. I think it is probably best to leave it, if he isnt going to make an effort with the friendship and try and make it less one sided then he isnt really worth the effort. As you cant be getting alot out of it. Sadly these type of things happen for no real reason most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Does he still have a girlfriend? If so, maybe it's that.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it, it might even be that his girlfriend doesn't what him to talk to you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe his girlfriend felt threatened and asked him to stop speaking to you so much?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he found out you fancied him and now feels uncomfortable about it all? Maybe you've said or done something to upset him? These guesses aren't gonna get you far though. You'll have to ask him, only he can give you a definite answer. Ask him to meet up with you and talk to him, or if you feel awkward doing it face to face ask him on msn.

ReputationRep:
    there may be no reason at all and the friendshop has simply ran its course
    or maybe his gf didnt like him having a close female friend and has told him not to talk to you.
    you wont know unless you ask him so if you want to try and remain friends with him maybe ask him outright? if you arent really talking now what do you have to lose?

ReputationRep:
    His GF has probably twigged that you have something going on
    You can work out the rest :rolleyes:

hmm yea you could have a point, as this is what i first thought, but the thing is, I'm kind of friends with his gf, and she seems to be talking to me more than he does now, which never used to be the case.
    Ergh i guess i should just ask him.

ReputationRep:
    Get a grip he has a gf.

if he faniced you----> he would have broken up with her

if he didnt then he would be with gf...

I had worked that one out for myself. He's in love with his gf and I accepted that, like I said. I just don't want to be ignored by him, because surely the fact that he has a gf doesn't mean he can't have friends who are girls?

ReputationRep:
    If he has a girlfriend, why would you expect him to be making an effort with other girls?
    I don't get girls sometimes, when it's your boyfriend you get totally pissed off if he's talking alot to other girls and make him out to be oh so bad.. However when you're interested in a guy with a girlfriend, you expect him to put in effort and engage in conversations and he's then oh so bad for not doing so!
    Double standards :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had worked that one out for myself. He's in love with his gf and I accepted that, like I said. I just don't want to be ignored by him, because surely the fact that he has a gf doesn't mean he can't have friends who are girls?
    Yeah but you would not just be a 'friend' who is a girl, you'd be a girl who likes him. Has it not crossed your mind that he suspects you do have these feelings and is trying to back off rather than leading you on...? Because honestly, if he did talk to you, you'd just end up liking him even more and start getting your hopes up.

Well in this case, he was making an effort, or it seemed so, until I went away, n then ever since, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Maybe his girlfriend felt threatened and asked him to stop speaking to you so much?
    A girl actually banned her boyfriend from speaking to me! How rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    A girl actually banned her boyfriend from speaking to me! How rude

I can see it from all sides.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.