Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

In all honesty, this issue has been bugging me for years, but I think this is probably the right time to do something about it. Essentially, I'm now going into my 2nd year of university, and just reflecting on who my friends have been this past year-nearly 90% of them have been guys. A couple of my friends pointed this out to me recently and It got me thinking. Even at school & VI form, all my friends used to be guys. Its not that I'm dieing for a serious dating relationship, its more of an issue of balance (I dont really know how else to put this, so i hope it kind of makes sense). So yeah, i want to get to know more girls, just to be friends maybe more

Any suggestions on plan of action would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Surely you know people who hang out with girls at Uni? Ask them to introduce you ..VI form? Never heard that one before :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    talk to them...girls don't bite. there's not much more to it than that.

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself to a few of the people on your course?

Just talk to any random girl would work, I suppose, as long as they don't think you're trying to get with them.

ReputationRep:
    When I felt like getting to know new people at university, I just didn't sit with my friends during lectures, but next to some people I'd never talked to before. It really is amazing how quick you can make new acquaintances that way - and friends, when you like the people you're sitting with. During one memorable lecture I was even given a cupcake from a girl I'd just met by sitting next to her. Needless to add that we're still great friends.

ReputationRep:
    We don't bite (unless you ask)! Just introduce yourself to some girls on your course or maybe ask some of your guy friends if they have any girl mates that they could introduce you to (in the subtlest manner possible). Try going to house parties and just generally hanging out in the general vicinity of girls. They'll get used to your presence and accept you as a mate.

Srsly, now I am making us sound like a different species. Just treat us like you would a guy!

ReputationRep:
    Seiously we're not that bad! You'll probably find that you have something in common with us, just try and start small conversations with girls on your course.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is key

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself and be confident. Speak to girls in lectures, clubs, pubs, socities etc. Doesn't mean that they will all become your friends but sometimes you just nautrally have things in common. Also, 2nd year is when you make your closer friends and meet more new people who stick in the mind.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.