Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i know ive asked this before, but, eyeliner help Watch

ReputationRep:
    i want to look the best i possibly can..but i cannot get the eyeliner in the right place..
    are you supposed to spudge liquid eyeliner? i did that and it just made it abit watery, it didnt go down into the line of skin showing though

also with the bottom lid, i can get it on the water line but some people say you should put it below that, but then my lashes get in the way

grrrr, ive tried both pencil and liquid, liquid being easier,but im still not getting it right...should i try using a make up brush or something. other people wear eye liner but you dont seen an obvious black line on them, but you just see a darkened bit so i dk

plz elp!

ReputationRep:
    you could try gel eyeliner? i've got a really good one by bobbi brown that looks like liquid and is as easy to apply but it stays on the water line without smudging

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by spudge?

ReputationRep:
    yeah what do you meanby spudge?!

i always use a liquid eyeliner with a thick nib, if you're having trouble maybe you're using one that's too long/thin? good ones that are cheap are collection 2000/rimmel.

and also, i never put it on the bottom lashes because i can never get it close enough to them and end up looking stupid, so i'd recommend using a pencil eyeliner inside the eye to get a better look

practice! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand the post
    Sorry OP!

I'm quite good at eyeliner, but I only wear it when I go out, so its all along the eyelid and flicks out at the end.... Tried to find a photo but the only one I could find I'm dressed as a cat, and then again you can't really see the eyeliner because of my glasses. PFF.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what you mean about the top bit? but yeh, as smilesandhairdye said, don't use liquid eyeliner on the bottom lashline, looks much better with pencil on the bottom and liquid on top.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a liquid liner with a thin brush, the MAC one is good. Stretch your eye out at the side and try to do it in one stroke, keeping the eye you're working on closed and staying as close to the lashes as possible. Keep your eye closed for a minute when you've done, to avoid smudging. It does take practice, I'm afraid x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I personally wouldn't smudge liquid eyeliner... smudge kohl if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest gel along the top too. Bobbi Brown and MAC do great ones, I apply mine with a MAC 209 brush which makes it quite simple with a bit of practice.

ReputationRep:
    If I apply liquid I just use it on the top as close to the lash line as possible flicking it out at the end a little.

With pencil I use along the top close to the lash line then under along my eyelashes, not on that pink bit next to my eyeball as my eyes just water then and it looks bad to me. Then I tend to use a some lighter eyeshadow all over my eyelids then dark eyeshadow on top of my eyeliner to kind of set it/blend it so it looks less severe. Try to create a narrow line as close to your lash line as you can or you'll look a bit panda ish. I think you just need to experiment with what works for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.