Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I registered for the LSE 4 U thing a few weeks ago. Back then I didn't have the Financial Notification from Student Finance to upload.

Can someone please confirm whether the financial notification is the form with the information about how much our loan, tuition fees, grants are; the one that was included in another form which we had to sign and date, and then send off.

Also if anyone has sent off the financial notification via post, do you know the address? Finally standard or recorded delivery?

Would appreciate any responses.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's the form that was sent to you alongside the decleration slip you had to send off. LSE wants to know that both your living expenses and tuition fees are taken care of. That means showing them that you've taken out both (and been approved for both) the maintenence loan and the tuition fee loan.

Personally, I couldn't get the Financial Notification gif file off the correspondance part of the Student Finance England site. Instead, I took a photograph of the letter which clearly showed my personal details, alongside the approved loan figures. I then cropped the picture appropriately and uploaded it. They haven't asked me for further proof so presumably this was OK.

If you wanted to post the notification than you should e-mail [email protected] and ask where you should sent it (not the type of document you want going to the wrong place). Since they asked us for it a few weeks ago, and they're going through these details now my advice would be to send it recorded delivery. It's worth it for the peace of mind. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Yes, it's the form that was sent to you alongside the decleration slip you had to send off. LSE wants to know that both your living expenses and tuition fees are taken care of. That means showing them that you've taken out both (and been approved for both) the maintenence loan and the tuition fee loan.

Personally, I couldn't get the Financial Notification gif file off the correspondance part of the Student Finance England site. Instead, I took a photograph of the letter which clearly showed my personal details, alongside the approved loan figures. I then cropped the picture appropriately and uploaded it. They haven't asked me for further proof so presumably this was OK.

If you wanted to post the notification than you should e-mail [email protected] and ask where you should sent it (not the type of document you want going to the wrong place). Since they asked us for it a few weeks ago, and they're going through these details now my advice would be to send it recorded delivery. It's worth it for the peace of mind. Hope that helps.
    Very helpful indeed. When you say 'LSE wants to know that both your living expenses and tuition fees are taken care of'. Does it matter if I didn't ask for a maintenance loan?

As I plan to fund living expenses mainly on the £2906 grant and the LSE bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccountant)
    Very helpful indeed. When you say 'LSE wants to know that both your living expenses and tuition fees are taken care of'. Does it matter if I didn't ask for a maintenance loan?

As I plan to fund living expenses mainly on the £2906 grant and the LSE bursary.
    Nope, as long as they are taken care of they don't care. LSE get enough insanely rich foreign students who don't need to take out loans anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, where exactly are we meant to upload this? I got an email earlier today asking to provide a copy of my Financial Notification, and I know where I can get a copy, but I just cannot see where on LSE4You we are meant to submit this, or is it somewhere else?

(p.s. going into second year, not a fresher)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.