Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL- Boys: What do you wear to uni? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you wear to uni?
    Casual
    92.77%
    Sporty
    7.23%

ReputationRep:
    Nike/Adidas tracksuits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    I intend to simply wear what I normally do, that is smart casual: chinos or smart jeans (or suit trousers from time to time), with a shirt, and smart shoes.

Everyone says how great it is to go to university and wear what you want and be 'individual' and whatnot, but the reality is there still seems to be a uniform of jeans and a top of some sort.
    I hope you are kidding me. Don't even think about wearing Trousers and shirt to uni lol

ReputationRep:
    A mix of both most of the time. I'm generally a sporty person and like my football shirts and tracksuits, but also like my jeans and t-shirts/tops. In any case, wear what you want to wear.

ReputationRep:
    Damn.

And here I was hoping boys at uni just wander around naked.

ReputationRep:
    It depends really, I don't really stick to one style, thoguh generally i'll wear jeans, t-shirt with either a jacket or cardigan, canvas shoes, and possibly a coat/nice topman or new look jacket depending on the weather, and a long coat and scarf during the winter. In the summer or generally when it's warm i'll wear shorts or three quarters or sth. and of course if I wake up late or hungover in a state of panic i'll just slip on a uni hoody and run down Euston Road :p:

(Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)
    Damn.

And here I was hoping boys at uni just wander around naked.
    I agree, it does suck :p:

ReputationRep:
    remember, always wear a condom.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does this question not make sense?

Assuming you move out when you go to uni, asking the question what do wear to uni is like asking what do you wear to life:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just whatever. I'm in seminars for maybe 5 hours a week. It hardly matters.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Are you going to copy me?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. Sometimes I rolled out of bed, put on whatever, went to morning lectures. Then went home, had a shower, got changed and went back for afternoon lectures.

It's a bit of a backwards way of doing things, but it's good for maximum sleeping time after late nights out. :p:

ReputationRep:
    little to nothing

ReputationRep:
    Whatever's on the floor by the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    I intend to simply wear what I normally do, that is smart casual: chinos or smart jeans (or suit trousers from time to time), with a shirt, and smart shoes.

Everyone says how great it is to go to university and wear what you want and be 'individual' and whatnot, but the reality is there still seems to be a uniform of jeans and a top of some sort.
    are you actually serious about that lol

ReputationRep:
    Dress as you do in a country house. Never wear a tweed coat and flannel trousers - always a suit. And go to a London tailor; you get better cut and longer credit.

ReputationRep:
    jeans and a tee.

ReputationRep:
    You should have included pyjamas, thats ridiculously common among 1st years. A lot of people also seem to wear outfits which would probably come under the description of "fancy dress".

Theres also the occasional knob who thinks he looks clever because he wears a tie and a waistcoat with bright orange trousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)

you sound like you might get bullied tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    I hope you are kidding me. Don't even think about wearing Trousers and shirt to uni lol
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    are you actually serious about that lol

There's nothing wrong with the smart casual look! :p:
    http://www.peregrineclothing.co.uk/a...y_knitwear.jpg
    http://challengerz.files.wordpress.c...rt-look-21.jpg
    http://www.dickinson.edu/career/images/DressCasual.jpg

ReputationRep:
    oh right you mean that type. From your post i thought you meant school uniform trousers and shirt lol

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no option of jeans and a polo/tee?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.