The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry, I haven't grown since I was 12. I think I just had my growth spurt early, even though it wasn't much of a growth spurt as I am 5ft2 :p:
Reply 2
The GP? You're 5'10, you're fine.
I'm about 5'9 I think, and I've been that way for a couple of years... you might grow half an inch or so in the next few years, but you can be pretty sure that's gonna be your height forever
Reply 3
You're a guy right?

It could be because you're not eating enough, but most probably its just that you're either a late bloomer or you've already had an early growth spurt.

Anyway, 5'10 is a perfectly good height. Being 5'8 I'd like another couple of inches, although I've still got maybe 3 years to grow - and I think I am a late bloomer. Possibly.
scaryhair
Don't worry, I haven't grown since I was 12. I think I just had my growth spurt early, even though it wasn't much of a growth spurt as I am 5ft2 :p:

:ditto:

i'm 5ft3 :p:
Reply 5
When i was 14 i grew a lot, from about 5'7" to 5'10". Then nothing happened until i was about 18 and in the last couple of years i have grown another couple of inches. So there may be hope for you yet. My grandfather joined the Navy at 24 and on his records it shows him as 5'10", but when i knew him he was much taller than my dad who is 5'11". So growth at a later age is possible just uncommon.
5'10'' is fine. Why are we getting GPs involved? :holmes:
I've been 5'2 since I was about 11. That's just how it is sometimes!
Reply 8
scaryhair

:ditto:

5 foot 1 here. :colonhash:
Reply 9
In be4 GP laughs at OP.
HA ive been 5 ft since I was 11 and am 17 now.
Reply 11
5'10" is a perfectly normal height.
I haven't grown since I was 13 and I'm 5ft6. There's nothing to be worried about.
Reply 13
It seems like your fully grown. You may gain another inch or two, if you start lifting weights, the spinal discs thicken and it can make you gain abit. Kickboxers have longer legs by an inch or two often too.

Although it seems like you have had your early growth spurt. I was 5ft 3 at the age of 12, at the age of 15 I was 5ft 10. A friend of mine was 6ft at the age of 13, although everyone caught up by 16.

70% of your height is genetic, 30% is your diet! :smile:
Guys can continue to grow until they're about 20. Depending on your age you might grow a bit more. That's not a bad height though.
Reply 15
5'10'' is fine. I'm 5'5'' and I haven't really grown since about year 10. (I'm 18 now btw)
5'10? That's hardly short. Don't worry, plus you'll keep growing for years.
Reply 17
Believe me 5'10 is fine. I'm 5'7 myself though instead of having a growth spurt I have just been steadily growing since is was about 13 (I'm 17 now) and still am. So hopefully I should grow a bit more :grin:
I was 5'0 leaving school. Ive now just left college and am 5'10.

So you could still have a growth spurt, but 5'10 is a normal height anyway.
Reply 19
your height is the average height so stop complaining :s-smilie:

Latest