Turn on thread page Beta

Boys - why does smooth skin matter so much? watch

• View Poll Results: Do scars/pits on the face matter on a girl?
    Scars/pits are ugly, I'd rather date a girl without them.
    45.00%
    I'd n e v e r date a girl with scars/pits.
    7.50%
    Scars/pits I can get past, a girl can still be beautiful with them.
    47.50%

ReputationRep:
    I have scars and ice-pick scars/pits on my face from having severe acne not long ago. I've also been told that even with treatment (e.g. laser resurfacing or a chemical peel) 30% or so of the scars will still be visible.

I then hear boys talking about 'beautiful skin', 'she had flawless skin', 'I love her skin'. It even popped up in the recent Harry Potter film and a book I'm reading.

I can wear good foundation but you can still see the pits/marks at certain angles. It's making me really depressed because maybe it will explain why boys don't seem that into me after a few hours, they notice my skin and get put off.

So, is it true? Would you not date a girl with scars/consider girls with no scars as more beautiful?

Edit: I no longer have spots. I have no acne. No spots. No acne. Just scars.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love my girl to have smooth skin, that is free of acne and scars. It just feels so nice to touch.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has an issue with it isn't worth bothering with.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful skin is something that's always seen as timelessly attractive, that's all. It doesn't help if you have gorgeous skin but a totally out of proportion face and look like a total munter.

I doubt it's your skin that's putting them off though. If I'm wrong and it is, then they're not worth bothering with anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)

/thread.
    :yep: Listen to this girl.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The same could be said for girls :dontknow: Some girls don't like guys with acne and stuff. Bad acne does, admittedly, put me off sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    :yep: Listen to this girl.
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't worry. A lot of people in my family had REALLY bad acne and all of the scars and pits cleared completely. Some guys may be put off, some won't - just like body shape and other facial features will be more important to other guys.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps if you desire male attention you should also consider losing a few pounds?

ReputationRep:
    Decent foundation?

ReputationRep:
    no ofence but just like girls dont like guys with spots, same does for as

ReputationRep:
    you can always make it beautiful even if it isn't. i do think you're generalising a bit though; there are guys with imperfect skin however I think it's just natural. Don't fret too much over it though there's worse thing in life. also if you're beautiful in other aspects they can easily be overlooked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)

/thread.
    This

ReputationRep:
    A guy who's worth your trouble will look past it!

ReputationRep:
    Don't overdo the makeup, there's nothing worse than makeup caked on a pocky face! Urghh, when I was younger, I used this Clearasil spot cream that also (apparently) acted as a concealer... it only came in one colour. Orangey-brown.

My friends still tease me for it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have acne anymore. Sheesh. I repeat, I NO LONGER HAVE SPOTS. I HAVE FRICKIN' SCARS ALRIGHT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunIllusions)
    So, is it true? Would you not date a girl with scars/consider girls with no scars as more beautiful?

It is a bit off-putting, but if I liked a girl I'd get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunIllusions)
    I have scars and ice-pick scars/pits on my face from having severe acne not long ago. I've also been told that even with treatment (e.g. laser resurfacing or a chemical peel) 30% or so of the scars will still be visible.

I then hear boys talking about 'beautiful skin', 'she had flawless skin', 'I love her skin'. It even popped up in the recent Harry Potter film and a book I'm reading.

I can wear good foundation but you can still see the pits/marks at certain angles. It's making me really depressed because maybe it will explain why boys don't seem that into me after a few hours, they notice my skin and get put off.

It doesnt matter so much. Obviously, you would prefer a man with no acne as opposed to one with it. But you can hardly dismiss someone for that, its not the end of the world. Noone is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Beautiful skin is something that's always seen as timelessly attractive, that's all. It doesn't help if you have gorgeous skin but a totally out of proportion face and look like a total munter.

I doubt it's your skin that's putting them off though. If I'm wrong and it is, then they're not worth bothering with anyway.
    This!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.