The Student Room Group

Benefit cosmetics!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Use just any comparison site like kelkoo or ciao. Orrrrrr you can just google the exact name of the product you want (e.g. "Benefit Lemon Aid" ) and see if any sites come up selling it. Keep them all open in separate windows or tabs and compare them until you find the cheapest ones. Make sure you check ebay too.
Reply 41
Angelil
Use just any comparison site like kelkoo or ciao. Orrrrrr you can just google the exact name of the product you want (e.g. "Benefit Lemon Aid" ) and see if any sites come up selling it. Keep them all open in separate windows or tabs and compare them until you find the cheapest ones. Make sure you check ebay too.

Well i decided to take the plunge and went for a trial at Debenhams, OMG i am a benefit junkie :smile:, the benefit assistant used
1. Primer (bad girl i think it was called)
2. Playstick (paper dolls)
3. Highbeam (love it)
4. Blusher stuff (Cant remember the name)
5. Erase paste
6. Bo-ing concelear
7. Mascara- Wasnt fussed on this to be honest- i think Rimmels Extra superlashes does the same job for only 4 (ish) quid:smile:

Things i loved about Benefit
It looked really natural:p:
Seemed easy to apply

Things i didnt love so much

Hefty price tag:frown:
I thought it made my forehead oily:frown:

I have an oily t-zone ya see, it made everything from the eye down flawless, but my forehead was unbelievably oily:confused::woo:

Anyways,the end product is attached in my profile pic, opinions are much appreciated thank u in advance:smile:
smilee172
I feel I should draw your attention to the 'MeMeMe' range at Superdrug - they do a number of products which are copies of the Benefit stuff but at much cheaper prices. For instance they have high beam and moon beam highlighters, and posie cheek tint (all priced at around £18/£19 by benefit) which are £4.99 in Superdrug. And they do EXACTLY the same job. Best money saving discovery ever!

EDIT: Just seen you mentioned MeMeMe already - sorry I got so excited at sharing this with you that I didn't read your whole post! I wouldn't recommend getting the Benefit stuff if you already use MeMeMe - it's exactly the same so save your money :smile:

I've only just seen this thread is really old.. but I'll mention anyway.
In Superdruf theres also copies of benefit products for 1.95 - both posie tint and Benetint.
I actually have a copy of Benetint after my mum smashed mine from Primark, same place my highlighter (Highbeam) came from. And their both great (Y)
tea_cakes
Are boi-ing and erase paste any good? I'm after a pretty heavy duty concealer but I'm fairly sure that these won't be worth the money. Any opinions?

Again really late, but I have to recommend it to someone, despite not getting it :frown: I tested it.. and loved it but didnt buy it.
It's a virgin vie concealor.. but with 4 shades. 2 are purple/green on the bottom section and the top two are skin coloured. So to disguise different colour blemishes basically..
I'm so buying it next time I'm at Bluewater.. don't know if you have a store near you.. but someone might :smile: x
Reply 45
^^ You can buy Virgin Vie stuff online as well I think.
what do people think of the Benefit makeup, opinions please :smile:!
Reply 47
Nice enough but overpriced, and some products aren't worth bothering with at all. Go into a department store and see if you like the products by all means, but if you want to buy any I'd advise you to go home and shop around online to get the best deal. The prices are on a par with Chanel/Dior/Guerlain etc just because of the fancypants packaging - they're not *actually* worth that.
I know its super late but I recently spent £43 at benefit and they are good products but they are pricey for what you get, the high beam highlighter is verry nice and I think its worth it however I also got the hoola bronzer which is lush but you dont get verry much. If you're looking for less pricey id go for rimmel and MUA
Reply 49
Original post by kels488
hey
I've been reading reviews on benefit makeup but am not sure its worth the money, at the minute i use
Foundation- Maybeline mouse
Blusher: Bojour paris or Rimmel
Cheek enhancer: Me Me Me- Moon beam
Eyeliner: Rimmel

Is benefit all about the fancy packaging and you don't get much more value for money than the products listed above,
Any advice would be great Thanks girlies:biggrin:

hey if you want wonderful and awesome custom boxes then I’ll strongly recommend you thecosmeticboxes. Once you visit there am sure you’ll ever like to visit that site every time. There you can select every type of box as you want for each product you want to use for. Have a great experience!
https://www.thecosmeticboxes.com/

Quick Reply

Latest