Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Does anyone know when we get our deposit refunds for 08-09? Last year we got them at the end of July but as yet I havent heard anything?

I'm waiting for mine too, not heard a thing. I was told you'll receive it a month after you hand your keys back in. But nah just keep checking my emails till the day my account looks healthier.

Did you get much deducted last year from it?

ReputationRep:
    Only a fiver last year but i'm expecting the worst this year cos I lived wiht some very dirty people who despite my best efforts trashed one of the new townhouses

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything about it either, hope I don't lose too much, one of my flatmates managed to break his freezer drawer in freshers week (technically it was my freezer drawer + he was stealing my pizza but I swapped them )

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything yet.

Hoping not to have anything deducted as I was careful all year and kept my room nice and then scrubbed the communal areas clean before locking up the flat and handing the keys back. But, we will see.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing either, and I would kind of like it back....

Still no news anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semi-pro-evo)
    Still no news anyone?
    Nope.... I'm starting to think that they have forgotten about us! Maybe their silly computer system has gone down, like it did for applying for rooms!

(Original post by Teao the Cat)
    Nope.... I'm starting to think that they have forgotten about us! Maybe their silly computer system has gone down, like it did for applying for rooms!
    Swear they've changed it, i browsed the website yesterday and it says 2 months from when your tenancy ends. i seem to remember them saying it'd be a month from when you hand your keys back in. Not long now i hope....

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the Residence Officer and she just said you get it within 2 months of the end of the contract date. Seems like ages ago since I moved out though

ReputationRep:
    Swear they've changed it, i browsed the website yesterday and it says 2 months from when your tenancy ends. i seem to remember them saying it'd be a month from when you hand your keys back in. Not long now i hope....
    They said 2 months as a kind of max and that you usually get it back within a month. Trust it not to be the case this year lol!

The Furness rooms are being lived in all summer by summer school students etc so I do hope they checked the rooms before the moved it [the day after the contract ended they started moving in] otherwise it hardly seems fair.

The deposit will come in handy - want it to pay for a great trip I have planned in January lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I rang the central Colleges and Residences number off the website yesterday and the lady said they were looking at giving refunds in early September...so still quite a wait . She did say my college residence officer might be able to give a more specific date.

ReputationRep:
    This is just not acceptable really, is it? They already have deposits from next year's continuers. They are taking deposits from next year's Freshers. And they still have all our money from 2008-9. They must have millions stashed away, that belongs to US!
    Meanwhile we are all struggling along on part time wages, benefits or absolutely nothing...
    Strange how easy it is for them to get money out of our accounts when they want it, but it is suddenly very difficult to put it back in!

ReputationRep:
    Just had the email which says end of August, which of course because its Lancaster means late September at the earliest!

ReputationRep:
    My friend has been told they're going in on 20th August. Don't know if they will though

For once i have to agree with Lizj :eek:

I got the email too, my residence officer made it sound as if getting it back at the end of august was the uni being fast and we should be grateful.

Obviously if your a fresher reading this, Lancaster Uni is great.......just not with returning your money.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had any email.

(Original post by affinity89)
    I haven't had any email.
    No one cares about you enough........

Might just depend which college your in.......i'm *ahem*Gz*ahem*

ReputationRep:
    No one cares about you enough........

Might just depend which college your in.......i'm *ahem*Gz*ahem*
    :cry: How could you say such a thing! Lol.

:holmes: That sounds like a possible reason. I've had problems with our residence officers/peeps before...

ReputationRep:
    Just had this email:

Dear student

We are very sorry about the delay in making our deposit refunds this year. This is due to the fact that we are currently experiencing some technical problems. Our new residence system has processed all the charges etc, but unfortunately we cannot yet transfer the information to the Finance system which makes the refunds. The technicians are working hard to sort this out.

We are hoping to get the refunds to you by the end of August, and in the meantime would very much appreciate it if you did not send emails asking when the deposits will arrive! We want to make the refunds almost as much as you want to receive them and are very grateful for your patience and co-operation.

With very best wishes
    Furness College Residence Officers
    Note regarding the bit in bold - as this email only came today, I am not surprised if they have been bombarded with emails. They are quite nice in person but on the phone/email they come across as rather rude sometimes, like they begrudge you living there. Maybe I am taking it that way because I've had a bad day though lol.

Fingers crossed the deposit comes through soon [and not much has been taken off or that will be another argument to have with them lol!].

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.