Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Just had this email:
    They are quite nice in person but on the phone/email they come across as rather rude sometimes, like they begrudge you living there.
    I've thought that too- I had to move in a day early at the beginning of last year because of my dad going into hospital, and they were really quite begrudging about it, although freshers reps and JCR were already there, so it was no extra to them....

ReputationRep:
    Oh woe is them, having to deal with soooo many emails because we have the ordacity to want our money back. I can completely see how telling us that problems with payment had emerged immediately would be so difficult and how waiting until later was a much better solution. /poorsarcasm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    I've thought that too- I had to move in a day early at the beginning of last year because of my dad going into hospital, and they were really quite begrudging about it, although freshers reps and JCR were already there, so it was no extra to them....
    Yes, I had the same problem last summer, because I had work to do on campus ready for Freshers Week; but the Res Officer would not let me know 'til THE DAY BEFORE whether I could have my room or not. Despite the fact that 4 people were already in my flat as kitchen reps.
    Us Cartmel peeps haven't even had the courtesy of being sent that email. :mad:

(Original post by Lizj)
    Us Cartmel peeps haven't even had the courtesy of being sent that email. :mad:
    Note to self; Cartmel is a rubbish college. :yep:

And no one loves you Lizj. I've not heard anything more and in my original email they said it would be late august when they're returned. Hopefully tomorrow. But then again it might rain cats and dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semi-pro-evo)
    Note to self; Cartmel is a rubbish college. :yep:

And no one loves you Lizj. I've not heard anything more and in my original email they said it would be late august when they're returned. Hopefully tomorrow. But then again it might rain cats and dogs.
    Which college are you in?
    Cartmel might be better next year, it won't have me in it. :p:
    But seriously, the residence officer could be a little more helpful...

(Original post by Lizj)
    Which college are you in?
    Cartmel might be better next year, it won't have me in it. :p:
    But seriously, the residence officer could be a little more helpful...
    Soon to be much improved college with a bar Gz. :o:
    True all the residence officers could have been alot more helpful and sent out a standard email to everyone instead of just a few people having a clue whats going on.

Nooooo you've left Lizj, but who's going to argue the case for boring cartmel being a rather nice quiet place to live. Woop. :p:

Any news anyone? Nearly the end of August and i have had nothing back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Semi-pro-evo)
    Nooooo you've left Lizj, but who's going to argue the case for boring cartmel being a rather nice quiet place to live. Woop. :p:
    I'll be back: my significant other is still in the rather nice quiet Cartmel! When I visit I shall remember how lovely and peaceful it was.
    But I don't suppose I will have received my room deposit by then. Still nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.