Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactus kid :))
    Am i the only person in the world who doesn't like subway??
    My boyfriend loathes it, too. Start a club :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo mama
    Too hot? Too spicy?
    Love that advert!
    It's either the Subway Melt, Italian BMT or the Meatball Marinara toasted with cheese with lettuce and sweetcorn and a healthy dose of BBQ sauce
    ...:coma:

No, I find the whole process of ordering a sandwich there terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    Hate it. The smell makes me gag too. I hold my breath when I walk past.

ReputationRep:
    It's been nice everytime I've eaten there but I don't really go regularly as it's a bit inconvient for me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have one occasionally.

Usually the sub of the day (unless I don't like it, in which case I get a melt).

Either as a salad or toasted hearty italian.

Ranch sauce, lettuce, cucumber, red onion, green peppers, no salt/pepper...

Yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Isn't that ludicrously full of fat and calories though?

Haha, I hate sounding like a complete girly girl, but I'm trying really hard to lose weight recently :p:
    Urm I'm sure it won't matter a huge amount, especially if you are watching what you are eating I doubt you'll be reaching for a subway anyways!

ReputationRep:
    There are waaaay too many choices, I can never decide what to have! and I always end up having literally everything in it and I don't like it.
    so yea.
    and one time I ordered a chicken teriaki sub and I swear to god it was actually tuna. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Its crap! The people are crap, the services are crap, and the food is crap. The prices are also crap.
    I went there the other day and had some sort of cheese concoction. "Great", I thought. "I'll give it a proper try! Maybe I've been missing out." But no, the guys at the counter rushed my sandwich so fast, it was like someone was plucking their ball hair out with a pair of tweezers. When I got it, it was battered, beaten and the filling was unevenly distributed.

The advert makes it look like they make your food with the utmost care and attention!

ReputationRep:
    i lovelovelove subway and i always have the cheese cos ima veggie

ReputationRep:
    Subway is the best thing ever.

a 6" Italian B.M.T on herb and cheese bread. Cheese and toasted, with lettuce and red onion, with BBQ sauce

ReputationRep:
    Subway = :top:
    but people do overhype it methinks

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I've ever had from Subway is a 6" hearty Italian with chicken and cheese, toasted.
    I've never tried anything else so idk if I can call it my favourite but I like it!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meatball Marinara, toasted with cheese and hearty Italian bread.

Plus salad stuff doesn't matter too much what

ReputationRep:
    I worked in Subway last summer.

I would never, ever eat there again.

I know it's probably exactly the same as MacDonald's and Burger King etc. in terms of hygeine, hence why I won't eat there anymore either.

ReputationRep:
    Footlong steak and cheese, lettuce and cucumber on italian herb and cheese, toasted.

or a footlong meatball mariana on the same

ReputationRep:
    Im still not sure on Subway. I can scoff down a football Meatball sub with cheese, toasted and red onions and sweetcorn with the best of them, it's just it costs a ******** and gets boring if I have it in quick succession and hence I only have it very occaisionaly.

Wouldn't mind trying the Subway Melt or BMT though, they look :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    No, I find the whole process of ordering a sandwich there terrifying.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one! My friends think that I'm weird when I say that's why I've never been to Subway

ReputationRep:
    I worked at a subway for 3 years until it went bust.
    It was awesome, i miss it.

(Original post by Elvendork)
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one! My friends think that I'm weird when I say that's why I've never been to Subway
    They just don't understand the pressure of the whole process! You wait in the queue, decide what you want and then when you're next to be served you forget what you want and start to panic! You're then hassled about what you want and you end up with a strange combonation of fillings :sad:

I've only been there about 3 times, the last time I got my friend to get it for me, much to their chagrin, haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.