Turn on thread page Beta

University/Home Question [will I still need a desk at home?] watch

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a really random question but, would I need a desk at home even though I will be going away for Uni? To study over the christmas holidays and easter holidays or will studying on my bed/table be allright?

The reason for this is that I'm moving into a tiny little box room when I go to Uni (because I will hardly be there) and have to choose between a desk and chest of drawers and I want to buy them soon so there's less stress next year!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What's your house like? Could you revise somewhere else if you didn't have a table?

Are you sure you won't be staying in halls during the hols (I did!)?

Need more info :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    What's your house like? Could you revise somewhere else if you didn't have a table?

Are you sure you won't be staying in halls during the hols (I did!)?

Need more info :p:
    Well it's only got three bedrooms which are all used and then downstairs its got a living room and kitchen/diner so there's not really anywhere else thats quiet all the time to study!
    And I'll most probably be home during holidays because I'm planning on going quite far for Uni.

ReputationRep:
    do you have a local library? not sure i'd want to sacrifice drawer space!!

ReputationRep:
    get draws with a overhang work top so you get the best of both.

ReputationRep:
    to be fair its only really 4 weeks at home for xmas and Easter, you may have a essay or assessment to do over that time that you off

ReputationRep:
    Well I do, but when I go 'home' for a week or so every now and again I very rarely get any work done. So is just used to pile up post that gets sent to the address still.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt have room to work at home so used to go to my local uni library and work there instead.

I haven't had a desk in my room at home for years. I just work at the dining table (even for GCSE/Alevels) or go down to the local library/local university library.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.