Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is subway popular because people think it's healthier than KFC or McDonalds? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Subway tastes good, but is it popular since people think it's healthier?

But is it really healthier? I mean, a foot-long with bacon, ham, and with plenty of mayonnaise is healthy?

ReputationRep:
    I think most people know they're not healthy. But they are tasty

ReputationRep:
    No its because they pump out that gorgeous smell of bread into the streets :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought this, too.

I'm pretty sure this is the case, although I'm sure they're just as unhealthy as anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    It's tastier - but Maccy D wins the popularity contest.

ReputationRep:
    I eat subway because they're easier to eat on the go, plus if you can't eat it straight away it doesn't matter whereas mcdonalds is nasty when it's gone cold.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's delicious :coma:

ReputationRep:
    i really dont like subway...the smell is disgusting and its just too much blah

ReputationRep:
    McDs is like eating slabs of cardboard.
    Subway can be healthy, depends what you put in it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    No its because they pump out that gorgeous smell of bread into the streets :coma:
    Yeah, that smell is more "come and get me" than greasy burgers

ReputationRep:
    Subway most probably is healthier than McDonald's or KFC but that isn't difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, OP, I think you're right. But also cos it tastes nice. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure most people have enough sense to know it's in no way healthy, but food from places like KFC and McDonalds makes me feel like I'm going to throw up after a few bites whereas Subway tastes so goood

ReputationRep:
    It is healthier generally than McDonalds and KFC but that obviously depends what you put in it i.e. putting steak, double cheese and lots of mayo in your sandwich is gonna make it just as bad as a Big Mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    It is healthier generally than McDonalds and KFC but that obviously depends what you put in it i.e. putting steak, double cheese and lots of mayo in your sandwich is gonna make it just as bad as a Big Mac.
    If I ever do go to Subway thats exactly what I have. Steak and cheese with mayo :p:

ReputationRep:
    it's tastier and tbf it probably IS healthier
    though that doesn't make it healthy

it's like saying shaq is shorter than kareem abdul jabbar
    it's true in all sense of the word shorter
    that doesn't make shaq short though, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    Subway most probably is healthier than McDonald's or KFC but that isn't difficult.
    Depends if you pick right or not. The difference is Subway offers a healthy option which doesn't take like crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    Depends if you pick right or not. The difference is Subway offers a healthy option which doesn't take like crap.
    Well yeah but everything the healthy side of a Meatball Marinara is healthier than the standard grub you get at McD and KFC. Not necessarily healthy just healthier.

ReputationRep:
    I had a subway melt last week, so much meat it cannot be healthy in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Sandwich wise, I always eat healthy ones, and people presume I am trying to be healthy, but I'm not. I hate sauces. Also meat I dislike in sandwices, except ham. So more me Subway is healthier than McDonalds or KFC

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.