The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They are nice, and people like choosing exactly what goes in their sandwiches. A lot of people don't like onions/pickles/lettuce/whatever
I've never seen a Reggae Reggae Sauce KFC or McDonalds. Case closed.
Reply 22
afer wathing a tv programme on channel 4, and it said that even though subway claims to be healthier, they have a high salt content which is obviously bad for you
I have lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, cucumber and peppers and no sauce so its fairly healthy. But I eat it cause its really nice.
Reply 24
rajandkwameali
Subway tastes good, but is it popular since people think it's healthier?

But is it really healthier? I mean, a foot-long with bacon, ham, and with plenty of mayonnaise is healthy? :s-smilie:

They have quite a few low calorie options, loaded with salad has got to be better than McDonalds. I think the appeal is that you can see exactly what's going on your sandwich right infront of you, unlike some disgruntled McD's employee jizzing in your burger behind the ice-cream machine. I've also noticed they're more friendly in Subway, in McDonalds they're like "CAN I HELP YOU?!" and the whole place just seems nasty.
because they wrap your sarnie in front of you so you can see what theyre doing.
Most people probably realise they aren't healthy, but tell themselves they are because of the salad.
I usually get a Meatball Marinara (although I have trouble pronouncing marinara and usually end up saying mariraaraa or something instead :blush:), which is apparently the most unhealthy thing they sell, but it's so yummy :drool:
The turkey/stuffing/gravy one they had last Christmas was good too :yum:.
Reply 27
I just looked up the nutrition information for Maccy D. It's not actually as bad as I thought.:confused:

Edit: nevermind. I found the bad ones. :biggrin:

Still... only 3g sat fat for a hamburger? Are they miniature or something?
Everything from subway is healthy, in moderation. Whoever said bacon and mayo is bad for you is not really correct.
Reply 29
In short, yes, people think it is more ''healithier'' than the usual fast food options such as Mac D, and KFC etc, it ain't healthy though!
Reply 30
Ive never been to subway... gotta try it one day...
Reply 31
The footlong reggae reggae subway probably has more calories than your average Maccy D/Burger King/KFC/Disgusting Fried Chicken, however it probably is more healthy since you get to pick what is in it, and finally, and this is the crucial part, it will keep you feeling full for longer unlike the others...
Reply 32
not with all that sauce!!!
Reply 33
I hate subway, and it's not healthy at all.
Reply 34
Subway really is (a LOT) fresh(er than McD's). I see them putting dough in and taking freshly baked bread out of the oven.. (but I have also seen them taking bags of already chopped salad from the fridge and other frozen stuff like meatballs and hash browns..)My friend useed to work at McD's and told me how the bread used to stay in boxes for days, and according to Radio 1 the burger meat is fried from frozen in 42 seconds :O

Subway is better 'cos you can tell the person to change their gloves if you want them to, and you can watch them as they make the food so that secret spitball never appears in your food..
BUT the subs arent really healthy. Even their low fat 6 inch subs have around 2-3g of salt EACH.. that's a lot. PLUS sauces and cheese means a fattier sub. You're not better off at McD's but subway isn't quite running away from that heart attack as fast as you think it is.
Reply 35
_Hayko
The footlong reggae reggae subway probably has more calories than your average Maccy D/Burger King/KFC/Disgusting Fried Chicken, however it probably is more healthy since you get to pick what is in it, and finally, and this is the crucial part, it will keep you feeling full for longer unlike the others...

Not really, there's about three times as much there and chances are it still has less sat. fat./ calories etc.
Reply 36
Fed up of people telling me i stink of Subway.
Thats a pretty distinctive scent.
Reply 37
Nearlier every subway I've eaten has been past midnight, if there was a KFC or a McDonalds open at that time, and as close by, I would probably have not gone for a subway.
Reply 38
iots not actually healthy with all the carbs from the bread and all the sauces and extra cheese people put on but
i get the salad which is pretty healthy =) and reeeallly filling its impossible to finish
Reply 39
its not actually healthy with all the carbs from the bread and all the sauces and extra cheese people put on but
i get the salad which is pretty healthy =) and reeeallly filling its impossible to finish

Latest