Maybe
    36.61%
    No
    31.69%

ReputationRep:
    I married my last boyfriend :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    All you're going to get is a load of infatuated schoolkids/teenagers coming on going 'ooooh yeah we're so in love'.

That, or a bunch of bitter single people saying how stupid the aforementioned teenagers are.
    oh hai.

yea guys, I thought I'd stay with my last/only girlfriend for ever, and she said the same, right up to a few days before leaving me for someone she met and simply found more appealing. Anyone would do it - anyone should - and you never know when it might happen.
    So don't get too attached to the idea. Nothing's permanent.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so.
    Not for another few years at least though.

ReputationRep:
    Im 25 and have been married before Id like to get married again one day but as we have both been married before he doesnt think that its necessary and he doesnt want to marry again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    Wow, 21/22/23

I could never get married at that age, I really havent done enough

I don't see a point in waiting til we get any older, it would just be delaying the inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing's ever certain in this life, that's all I'll say!

I was speaking to my boyfriend yesterday after having some trouble with a friend and was trying to get him to imagine how I was feeling about the situation. I hypothesised with him that I just got up and left one day, would he not miss me etc. He said yes, he would if I just went without saying goodbye and without giving a reason and he'd be upset, but he'd quickly adapt because "guys are good at that".

Nice to know it'd bother you, then. :confused:

It's weird, we've talked about a future together and he's definitely all for it, he seems sure we'll even have kids together and whatever - and yet seems to be able to cope fine with the idea that one day it could end. I don't know about anyone else but I can't love someone that much and then just be fine if they left. Meh. But yeah, my point is, I have no idea. It could easily end up in marriage, it could easily end with us splitting. I really don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_pinnock54)
    I don't see a point in waiting til we get any older, it would just be delaying the inevitable.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    No. Been together 3 years but I'm not an infatuated teenager so I'm realistic about it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to ever get married, really don't see the point unless you're religious and truly believe in it.

I think that most people are idiots to think that they'll marry their current partner tbh. It's just not realistic and smacks of immaturity. probably going to piss a lot of people off with that but come on! you're mostly in your late teens/early 20s and won't have been in your relationships more than about 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    yes hopefully we both want to get married to each other weve talked about it. she already decided what dresses she wants and stuff ... my family dont know yet but her family is happy ^^

ReputationRep:
    Dunno.

ReputationRep:
    More to the point, whats with all the marriage threads all of a sudden??!

: 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieNoir)
    I've been with my current boyfriend about 3 weeks, so go knows :L

Although he did say to me today that I was the one he wanted to spend his entire life with, and then carried on to talk about our children and future life. We also went out shopping and he went around in T.J.Hughes picking out all furniture/utensils/cusions/beds for our future home... :/
    I label that as a creepy ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    More to the point, whats with all the marriage threads all of a sudden??!

: 0
    because people want to get married ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fen)
    I label that as a creepy ****.
    lol i dont find that creepy
    me and my gf have been picking out furniture and things for a flat.
    total price for everything came up to about 20grand lol

ReputationRep:
    realistically, any partner i have up until i finish uni, by which time ill be nearly 24, nope. I just couldn't see it lasting that long or working out when I'm ready to settle.

I, like a lot of people, have things I'd love to do before I even consider this kind of ****, things i wanna experience.

Im a single pringle at the moment by the way.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I honest to God don't have a clue.

I'm a commitment phobe, so I would have to wait a long time even if I did.

ReputationRep:
    Marriage is for old people. And even if we're together long enough to become old people we're both pretty much anti-marriage anyway.

Weird to think my parents were married by the time they were my age, times change though.

(Original post by Davy-Jones)
    I want to get through at least 20 relationships
    Do you have any idea how ******* weird that sounds?

ReputationRep:
    the real question is,

will you be divorcing your current bf/gf?

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Already married, I was 26 at the time and we'd been together for five years, and living together for almost as long... It was our tenth anniversary of being together, and our fifth wedding anniversary this year...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.